Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T Anyone tryed StarStorm Drivers for nivida cards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the war starts, I'd like to point out that likely something was likely wrong with your previous driver installation to get that large of a jump from these drivers.

I've seen over 15 reviews. Most average 1-3 FPS on the speedy ones, and LOOSE FPS on the HQ drivers. Your scores are ridiculously over the top. I'm not saying that you didn't score what you scored, in your case, just that you had a poor initial installation of the previous drivers, which was fixed by the StarStorm set.

Just my opinion.........

Comment

I installed these drivers earlier today, and all i can say is how **** they are. Fps seems a little smoother, but there are some sacrifices that make the graphics look ugly. I've only tested em with ut2003, but the menus are all blurry, the crosshair is all fecked up, blurry and blocky and textures are all blurry not too far into the distance. Also the hud is blurry.:down:

Comment

Originally posted by white_nite
        I installed these drivers earlier today, and all i can say is how **** they are. Fps seems a little smoother, but there are some sacrifices that make the graphics look ugly. I've only tested em with ut2003, but the menus are all blurry, the crosshair is all fecked up, blurry and blocky and textures are all blurry not too far into the distance. Also the hud is blurry.:down:
        Can be fixed easily. Set your mipmap detail level to 0.

BTW, I doubt it was a poor driver installation, but it was probably something, cause ****!

Comment

Raffi_B,

It could have been lots of things, to include a corrupted AGP driver. It was something not entirely related to the speed of the StarStorm drivers though. I'm glad that you fixed it when you updated to the newer drivers. Now try the 53.06. I found more stability and speed (.5 FPS). It's not much, but it's repeatable for over thirty benches at varying resolutions and AA / AF settings. It also doesn't affect the visual quality at all.

Comment

Working...
          X