Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T Anyone tryed StarStorm Drivers for nivida cards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O/T Anyone tryed StarStorm Drivers for nivida cards??

Currently there are 3 versions of Starstorm drivers, they are:

X = Good Performance/Good Quality : A Performance boost over original Nvidia drivers as well as a Good ammount of quality . These are the same as the "P" driver released in recent drivers

XQ = Xtream Quality/Good performance : Major amount of Quality expecialy in textures as well as a good performance boost. These are the same as the Q driver released in recent drivers.

B = Benchmarking: These drivers were made specificly for benchmarking purposes but can be use in games when LevelOfDetail is decreased to 0.

You can get them from guru3d.com??

Is it worth putting them in???

I use StarStorm 53.03XQ drivers. Kicks major *** - best performing drivers for my GF4 to date.

Comment

anybody know where to get them?

Comment

I just tried them, and :up:

Benchmark with nVidia drivers:

64 Flyby
        48 Botmatch

With StarStorm Drivers:

117 Flyby
        69 Botmatch

Comment

Sounds like hacks to me.

Or that it'll turn FFXI into a giant arena of fog like the forcewares did.

Comment

Originally posted by nuclearfusion
            Sounds like hacks to me.

Or that it'll turn FFXI into a giant arena of fog like the forcewares did.
            oh noes! eye cnat C moggles!!! :bulb:

Comment

Hmmm.

With the nVidia 53.03 drivers

And with the StarStorm 53.03XQ drivers

:cry:

ML

Comment

Originally posted by Raffi_B

64 Flyby
                48 Botmatch

With StarStorm Drivers:

117 Flyby
                69 Botmatch
                Really!?

I'm go try them then

Comment

Hacked drivers....hmmmm....don't think I trust them. :weird: Probably won't make much of a difference on my poor GF3 anyways.

Comment

Wow i think ive just downloaded the perfect drivers for my GF4 ti 4200! I mean i got now a FPS increase of at last +30, for the record i downloaded the performance drivers, not the quality, someone mentioned that u will probably lose FPS with quality instead of performances! thx for posting, UT2k3 runs much nicer now!

i advice u to take a look at this forum first: http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=47

before u start downloading those drivers, For the GF4 ti4200 they recommend the 44.67q drivers... and i do recommend it aswell

Comment

My XP machine crashed repeatedly with these drivers. (FX 5900 Ultra 256MB)

Comment

Originally posted by Raffi_B

64 Flyby
                        48 Botmatch

With StarStorm Drivers:

117 Flyby
                        69 Botmatch
                        How would it increase you botmatch, a CPU test?:down:

A nearly a 100% performance gain in flyby? You're full of ****.

Comment

from what ive read star storm drivers lower ur quality to improve speed...... just like the old nvidia drivers used todo.

Comment

I tried-em, got slower, tried other ones and got the same FPS, tried speedy ones, got a headache from poor visual quality.

I then tried the Forceware 53.06 and gained FPS. The visuals are as good/better than the 53.03. I'm happy, and the Star-**** drivers can fade away to where they belong. Seriously, the 53.06 are faster, seem to be a tad more stable, and the quality is unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by st_trooper
                              How would it increase you botmatch, a CPU test?:down:

A nearly a 100% performance gain in flyby? You're full of ****.
                              Botmatch isn't all CPU

The CPU only controls the Bots

There is still the BSP, Staticmeshes, Textures, Player models, emitters, and much more that have to be rendered by your video card (and it's drivers)

So next time, before acting like an ***, do your research

Comment

Working...
                              X