Waiting for the demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the demo

Once again today I checked the forums for word of the demo release, so I figured instead of just leaving all sad, I'd ask a question

What brought you into UT? I'm sure it's been asked before but we have a bunch of new people here so lets do it again. I am so happy to be a part of the UT community, and I've never seen such a loyal bunch.

I started playing UT when it first came out, after playing Unreal for a while. I had just gotten a divorce, and was looking for something to do with my new free time. The clerk at the store suggested UT. I loved playing online, although I was on a new cable system and got disconnected a lot. I stumbled on a Sniper Arena server in December of '99 and got immediately hooked, and to this day I go there every day. (Fraggalonia Sniper Arena) I play 2k3 now and then on the Fraggalonia 2k3 server, and I'm really looking forward to 2k4 (with a sniper rifle lol). I don't know what it is about that sniper rifle and the sniper community, but it's huge and has a lot of really dedicated people. I've tried just about every game that has come out, but I always go back to UT.

What's your story?

hey flag check out ur fraggalonia ut2k3 server
    put back the low graf and some cheat protection elf guys b screwing up the server

Comment

Thanks hun,

Our admin was away but I should be getting access this week, I'll fix 'er up.

Ill put the low grav back right now.

Comment

OMG thank you
        and plz put on ut stats :P

Comment

Hmmm, stats logging is on, I'll have to hit up unreal admin to find out why it's not working.

Thanks a bunch Kill

Comment

I saw Unreal 1 in the shops. What can I say...the Font and box attracted me.:bulb:

Comment

Got unreal 1 free with my Voodoo 3 3500 (£200 at the time) and fell in love with the game and graphics.

Never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent-X(UK)
                Got unreal 1 free with my Voodoo 3 3500 (£200 at the time) and fell in love with the game and graphics.

Never looked back.
                I remember those days, Unreal looked so good on my voodoo 2. Unreal 1's dm got me hooked, then when UT was released it just made it worse (hooked even more)!!!

Comment

Obtained a copy or UT and Quake III at the same time, loved UT and not Quake III.
                  Went out and Bought UT when I realised I played it for hours every night, my first on-line game \0/
                  Never realy liked any others since, only UT2003. GG Epic.

Comment

Got UT (and Deus Ex) with a sound card purchase. Tried both games and have been hooked on them ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by [SGC]-Dominion
                      I realised I played it for hours every night
                      One night i came home after work (6:00PM) and started playing, next thing I knew it was 3:00 AM.

:bulb:

Comment

friend got me hooked on UT, after that i went to Unreal and UT2k3.:up:

Comment

I was a technician at CompUSA when Unreal came out. A friend of mine, who often speaks in third person on some forums, bought a copy (I might have told him about it) and got hooked. He told me to get it and I did. This was (I think) in 1998. By the time the rumors started about UT I was firmly entrenched in the Unreal community, and haven't left it since.

Comment

Got Unreal 1 with my Voodoo 2 card... my first computer! :up: I was so amazed about what that noisy rig could do, I'm stuck there ever since!

Comment

I downloaded the demo and have been playing for about 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X