No announcement yet.

No one plays anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 can live without the master server for a short while, hopefully it is down because they are maintaining it or doing something usefull to it.

EDIT: Flak has confirmed in this thread http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=611723 that the issue with master server is being worked on.

Comment

Out of 40 games Gamespy tracks:

32. Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)
      874 servers, 597 players
      UT3 is a laughing stock, and everyone involved should seriously think about a career change...

Comment

I play 2k4 freon pretty much every night. I'm addicted. I can't stand UT3 and it's consolish ways. It annoys me to think about it.

Comment

Well epic are going for consoles now aparently in the future, not enough money in pc aparantly, Having being a console player several years ago, I can assure you that the learning curve is nowhere near as sharp as it is for ut2004, in games such as halo and timesplitters, but theres just so less depth, you feel so less alive... so pretty much epic is going after the 'casual gamers' or the 'noobs' and I can sense this aproach in UT3 too but I guess they have the right to play what ever they want,

Comment

There are still loads of people that play UT2004 and UT. It's UT3 that seems barren. UT3 is missing so much stuff that make UT 2004 great it's just not worth the jump. Most people play Invasion, Onslaught, CTF, and the two deathmatch modes.

I really wish more people played Bombing Run, though. There never any servers that have actual players instead of bots. Bots suck online. If I wanted to fight bots, I'd play offline, dang it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben1220 View Post
              Well epic are going for consoles now aparently in the future, not enough money in pc aparantly, Having being a console player several years ago, I can assure you that the learning curve is nowhere near as sharp as it is for ut2004, in games such as halo and timesplitters, but theres just so less depth, you feel so less alive... so pretty much epic is going after the 'casual gamers' or the 'noobs' and I can sense this aproach in UT3 too but I guess they have the right to play what ever they want,
              Its kind of a shame the Unreal series are very cool games..
              Oh well there is still ID Software and Doom4..

Comment

Originally posted by Ben1220 View Post
                Thats possibly not quite true, read the following,

Mark Rein Clears Up Unreal Engine 4 Rumors

The chaps at C&VG had a chance to chat with Epic's Mark Rein about various Unreal related things including the next version of its popular game engine technology:

Rein: One of the biggest misconceptions was when (Epic co-founder) Tim Sweeney was talking about Unreal Engine 4 and he mentioned something along the lines of it being exclusively for the next generation of consoles.

What he meant was, it won't run on this generation of consoles, but people assumed what he meant was that it won't run on PCs. Hello - all game technology runs on PC, that's how you build it. Of course it'll be on PC. That should go without saying.

But people took that as [a sign of] us abandoning PCs - and Tim said something about UE4 coming to consoles first. Unreal Engine 3 came out on consoles first - there's nothing new about that.

That's the way it works; the console guys were, in this generation, able to spend the money to put the really high-end parts out before they were even affordable on PC. Of course, the PC comes flying up behind and will have much better performance than consoles by the time the generation is over.

You are able to buy a PC that's as powerful as the Xbox 360 long before the 360 generation is finished. So people, calm down. If we give conflicting views and say things that are negative, it's because we care about it and we want it to be strong, and we're going to work to make it strong.

Comment

sorry, but that just sounds like epic covering up there mistakes. by feeding people garbage, put it this why why would the unreal engines come out on consoles first? surely it is alot easier to put on pc's first

me personally, i don't think ut3 will ever get all the bugs fixed and if it does i still would'nt play it. i mean i can download a server on ut2004 in minutes, try ut3 i will be waiting hours. perfect idea for ut3, would have been ut2004 with better graphics and maybe some new gametypes. but that's it, they don't have to make players jump in there so called "real life movement" now the characters have concrete boots and guns bigger than there bodies. i mean come on epic, sort it out

Comment

Working...
                  X