No one plays anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoaNaDe View Post
    Team DM, CTF, VHCTF, Assault, Onslaught, pretty much everything acctually. A little bit here and there. Still, barely any servers when I search for any type.
    The UMG ONS #1 demo server seems to be packed all the time, I've never seen less than 20 players online in there

Comment

I just opened a dm server........

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610920

incase u missed it......

Welp you missed it I closed it, I give. -1 player for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomplayer View Post
        The UMG ONS #1 demo server seems to be packed all the time, I've never seen less than 20 players online in there
        DEMO.

Can it die, please?

Also, I personally can't find any servers. All have terrible pings or terrible mutators. For example, only TDM servers with a ping under 100 was a sniper game. Bleh. CTF? Only one under 100 was instagib.

Onslaught? Only gametype I can find some. Sadly, I think its an awful gametype.

Seriously, this game is dead, at least for where I live. Europe seems to have it much more alive, or at least some other parts of the world. Which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomplayer View Post
          Demo servers are awful, Epic really should remove them and god knows why they havent. If anything its encouraging people not to purchase the game as people are happy to play with the features/maps on offer!

Comment

Where do you live? I live in NJ and play Team Arena Master/Freon and can find servers all the time.

If you dont know what TAM/Freon are, well its team deathmatch with rounds. You get one life per round and once all your teamates are dead, or the other team is dead, you advance to the next round. Game lasts 10 2:00 rounds. Freon is the same but you dont die, you get frozen and your teamates can unfreeze you by standing next to your body for a few seconds (about 5-8 seconds to unthaw you).

You would need to download the latest client for TAM and install it since its a mod. everynight there are about 2-4 servers packed with players. chicago, dallas and east coast servers. This one east coast server i go to sometimes plays other gametypes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, Assault, Last Man Standing ect ect. It all depends on the mood of the people there playing, we all get along good.

If you need a link to the mod lemme know ill dig it up for you.

Comment

get ut3. way better

Comment

Originally posted by carl.gocht View Post
                get ut3. way better
                Opinion. I think from UT99 to UT3, it always gets worse.

Although I just got tired of UT99 and the mods in UT2004 are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fluffy_bunny View Post
                  Demo servers are awful, Epic really should remove them and god knows why they havent. If anything its encouraging people not to purchase the game as people are happy to play with the features/maps on offer!
                  but if people are happy playing something, how can it be awful?

Comment

as he stated it gets people not to buy the game and play the demo, it's also very boring. what would you rather play a game of custom dm like tam or a game of standard dm, which you will get bored of in a week

i think this is how the unreal games are in rank
                    3.ut3 (need some major fixes like a whole new game)
                    2.ut99(good fun at first but got boring)
                    1.ut2004 (only game i play now, nothing wrong with this game)

what really need to happen is epic should look at the ut2004 servers and see what gametypes are played most and make a new ut3 when it is ready to be released with these in it

invasion, tam, freon, ictf, onslaught and sniper

Comment

Originally posted by <RfdS>GAFFA View Post
                      as he stated it gets people not to buy the game and play the demo, it's also very boring. what would you rather play a game of custom dm like tam or a game of standard dm, which you will get bored of in a week

i think this is how the unreal games are in rank
                      3.ut3 (need some major fixes like a whole new game)
                      2.ut99(good fun at first but got boring)
                      1.ut2004 (only game i play now, nothing wrong with this game)

what really need to happen is epic should look at the ut2004 servers and see what gametypes are played most and make a new ut3 when it is ready to be released with these in it

invasion, tam, freon, ictf, onslaught and sniper
                      I agree with the ranking. 99 was good but graphics also lacked and although I haven't tried UT3 I have not heard a single good review from any gamer who has tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by carl.gocht View Post
                        get ut3. way better
                        If ut3 is so much better why are you in this forums then lol..

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
                          If ut3 is so much better why are you in this forums then lol..
                          lol Good point

Comment

Originally posted by nardix View Post
                            not everyone can run ut3. so they stick to ut2004
                            most people should stick to ut2004.

ut2004 > ut3

Comment

I think people should remember that when ut2k3/2k4 was in its earlydays it wasn't very good either. It's took a few patches and alot of mods to make it what it is today. UT3 has potential and will grow, most of you here slating UT3 in time will probably swith from 2k4 to UT3. I too play 2004 over UT3 at the minute due to UT3 being buggier than an insect museum but given a few more patches, a few more mods and a little time things will change, I assure you.

Comment

If master server is not back quickly that game is dead....

Comment

Working...
                                X