No one plays anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one plays anymore?

I don't have very strict filters and yet I only find about 3-8 servers in each match type at the best, it seems like no one plays UT2004 much anymore. Anyone else getting this?

What game type do you play??

Comment

Team DM, CTF, VHCTF, Assault, Onslaught, pretty much everything acctually. A little bit here and there. Still, barely any servers when I search for any type.

Comment

Invasion seems to have lots of servers and players thats what i play and i also run a server..

Comment

not everyone can run ut3. so they stick to ut2004

Comment

i doent feel like theres nobody to me

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMachina View Post
              i doent feel like theres nobody to me
              huh? english please.

Comment

For every internet game there are probably 10 lan games going on in the world with this game. I know lots of people who play this game at lans but have never played online. Also its quite hard to buy it these days without buying the unreal anthology with all the other games which you may not want. And that costs a total of $30, which is more then alot of people would pay for an oldish game. On top of that most people have moved onto UT3, but they'll come back when they see how bad it is. An furthermore, many people are playing mods instead of the pure game itself. Theres only so many times you can play deathmatch in rankin before getting bored of it.

All the official maps seem very much the same to me as well. Compared to something like time splitters 2 or 3, maps are all very different.

Still my favourite game in the world though.

Comment

Originally posted by nardix View Post
                  not everyone can run ut3. so they stick to ut2004
                  Even the ones who can run UT3 still choose UT99/04
                  UT3 is awful, even after 1.2 patch and bonus material theres still a lot of work to be done before I play it regularly and drop UT99/04

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fluffy_bunny View Post
                    Even the ones who can run UT3 still choose UT99/04
                    UT3 is awful, even after 1.2 patch and bonus material theres still a lot of work to be done before I play it regularly and drop UT99/04
                    indeed and epic spend there time getting ut3 mousepads ready lawl!! that's the only official post they have made as far as i noticed

Comment

I own up! I went over to UT3 about 2 weeks ago.

Played ut2004 for 4 years, but when I got a pc that could play UT3 properly I was absolutely amazed by it and hav'nt been back to UT2004 since.

The key is the machine to play it. I have a modest one, Intel E6550, 4gb ram, 8800gt 512mb, XP Pro.
                      It plays with all settings at max at 1280X960. I think I could go higher but don't think its necessary as its beautiful at that resolution. Also get lower ping on UT3 as well, whiich I did'nt expect.

UT3 plays like a dream and looks like one to.

Comment

wait till you try custom stuff, like maps, mods e.t.c then post back that you like it. i have a duel core 4 gb ddr2 ram 8600gts and i play ut2004

Comment

Why??????

Comment

I see more playing UT2004 then UT3 .UT3 kind of disappointed me i know the graphic's in it is beautiful but there no assault no invasion no nothing Death Match will gets old quick.. UT 2004 is still the best UT in my books.

Comment

wildman just answered the why post plus ut2004 maps are not like 300mb download

Comment

Working...
                              X