how would you rank the 9 normal weapons in order of range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how would you rank the 9 normal weapons in order of range

Obviously shield gun would be at one end and lightning gun at the other, but how would you fill in the middle?

I want to see what you all think about this, because where you choose to rank two weapons that have simular range probably says something about your playing style with them.

Anyway... go ahead and rank them

Originally posted by Ben1220 View Post
    Obviously shield gun would be at one end and lightning gun at the other, but how would you fill in the middle?

I want to see what you all think about this, because where you choose to rank two weapons that have simular range probably says something about your playing style with them.

Anyway... go ahead and rank them
    Range,power,effect/accuracy

1.Flak C.
    2.Biorifle
    3.Shock rifle
    4.Rocklauncher
    5.Link gun
    6.Lighting Gun / Dual Assault rifle
    7.Minigun
    8.shield gun
    9.Assault rifle

Comment

In the context of playing mostly against bots:

1. Shield
      2. AR (gotta' be within grenade range)
      3. Flak
      4. Link/Dual AR
      5. Rockets
      6. Bio (altfire has a big radius)
      7. Minigun
      8. Shock
      9. Rifle/LG

Comment

from longest distance to shortest

LG
        Shock
        Minigun
        Flak
        Link
        Bio
        Rocket
        AR
        Shield

Comment

It really depends on how you play with them, and you can probably substitute a few here, but If I wanted to make a list purley defined by the distance of the weapons best range from the user, my order would probably be

Close range weapons:

1. Shield gun
          2. Flak Cannon
          3. Bio Rifle
          4. Link gun (could swap with bio)

Mid range weapons

5. Assault Rifle (not effective at any range really lol)
          6. Rocket Launcher
          7. Minigun

Long range weapons

8. Shock Rifle
          9. Lightning Gun

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
            Range,power,effect/accuracy

1.Flak C.
            2.Biorifle
            3.Shock rifle
            4.Rocklauncher
            5.Link gun
            6.Lighting Gun / Dual Assault rifle
            7.Minigun
            8.shield gun
            9.Assault rifle
            um I'm not sure what your listing there but I'm having trouble seeing how its range. When I say range I mean distance away from the shooter.

Comment

Almost all these weapons have no limit to range. If you play a map without a cieling then the projectile will go on untill it hits the extent of the world parameters. This is a problem that can cause lag in invasion servers as there are so many thousand particels each with vertecies to run, including any smoke trails and the final boom mhen it does hit something.
              I think that the minigun (or maybe the gatling gun) is effected by acceleration though and therfore might have a limited range, I may be very wrong however.

To be honest, everthing I said may be wrong so don't take my word for it with out speaking to someone that builds weapons for servers

Comment

Originally posted by Darfyddi View Post

Almost all these weapons have no limit to range. If you play a map without a cieling then the projectile will go on untill it hits the extent of the world parameters. This is a problem that can cause lag in invasion servers as there are so many thousand particels each with vertecies to run, including any smoke trails and the final boom mhen it does hit something.
                I think that the minigun (or maybe the gatling gun) is effected by acceleration though and therfore might have a limited range, I may be very wrong however.

To be honest, everthing I said may be wrong so don't take my word for it with out speaking to someone that builds weapons for servers

"Limited range" is ends at least effectiveness, after a certain aim error/ammo usage point a weapon losses most effectiveness.

Comment

um I'm not sure what your listing there but I'm having trouble seeing how its range. When I say range I mean distance away from the shooter.
                  the way you put it makes no sense I am listing how effect I feel they are in terms of range/effectivenesses to my play style.

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
                    the way you put it makes no sense I am listing how effect I feel they are in terms of range/effectivenesses to my play style.
                    uh no. you are the one that isnt making any type of sense....

Comment

Originally posted by Ku.sh View Post
                      uh no. you are the one that isnt making any type of sense....
                      Zippyspeak FTW =0-0=

Comment

Originally posted by Darfyddi View Post

In real life, all projectile weapons have a range, their longest range occurs when you fire at 45 degrees on a flat surface, and their range is also determined by speed. in UT2004 you have hit scan weapons so that doesnt apply, and out of the projectile weopons, many are uneffected by gravity, or are effected so little that we dont notice. eg rocket launcher. Bio is a clear one that acts as real projectiles do, all projectiles drop eventually in real life, so I believe that the bio actually does have a real limit, (I forgot the actuall formula used though... what can I say I dropped physics :P) which would be if you aimed at exactly 45 degrees and fired on a flat surface. the limit would be further if you were on a cliff. The roof would have to be high too. Out of the ones that do have no maximum range, they often have a severly limited effective range, primarly due to the time it takes for the projectile to reach its target, eg rocket launcher, and the spread that grows exponentially with distance, eg flak cannon.

Comment

The 45 degrees thingy doesn't take air resistance into account.

Comment

In real life, all projectile weapons have a range, their longest range occurs when you fire at 45 degrees on a flat surface, and their range is also determined by speed. in UT2004 you have hit scan weapons so that doesnt apply, and out of the projectile weopons, many are uneffected by gravity, or are effected so little that we dont notice. eg rocket launcher. Bio is a clear one that acts as real projectiles do, all projectiles drop eventually in real life, so I believe that the bio actually does have a real limit, (I forgot the actuall formula used though... what can I say I dropped physics :P) which would be if you aimed at exactly 45 degrees and fired on a flat surface. the limit would be further if you were on a cliff. The roof would have to be high too. Out of the ones that do have no maximum range, they often have a severly limited effective range, primarly due to the time it takes for the projectile to reach its target, eg rocket launcher, and the spread that grows exponentially with distance, eg flak cannon.
                            You should have sheared the rest of your train of thought with us from post one so we could give you the replies youwanted.

if the shield gun is 1 and the lighting gun is 9

Bio(falling projectile both fire modes thus the weakest in range)

(these 3 are nearly the same,only the flack can contentue on after hitting the ground)
                            rocket
                            link
                            Flack

(these 3 are nearly the same,however the ARhas a lower ranged alt fire the shock cores can go for a greater distance and the minigun would by the easiest to maintain fire over long distances due to alt fire mode being accurate)
                            AR
                            Shock
                            Minigun

Comment

I would say that bio rifle has less possible range then the flak cannon, but the flak cannons effective range cuts off before the bios does, in other words the bios effective range is closer to its max range then the flak cannon's. The flak cannon has a max possible range much further away from its effective range, as after a few meters flak spread becomes so high that it does next to no damage. In fact the flaks max range is probably until it hits the wall. How you rank them on range in general though is more difficult and probably depends on your playing style or past experiences with the weapons. I would say that flak goes before bio, despite the fact that bio has a longer real range, the reason is that the flak becomes almost useless past its effective range. Another variable between the weapons (particulary the projectiles) that we could consider ia their speed, as the slower the speed the more suited the weapon would be to close range as it is easier to dictate where your target will be with a slow weapon at close range. This is why the rocket launcher should be classified as a mid range weapon imo, despite fact that it hits where you aim, unlike the flak or bio, its weapon speed means that it is hard to use for long ranges.

we are having a great discussion

Comment

Working...
                              X