gg
    gg
    gg
    gg

after every game?

Comment

gg=good game

good points everyone..:up:

I've come a cross a few good servers and usually only play on them when I want an open pub game..95% of the people that play on them are cool and have a respect for eachother, but the 5% that are jerkoffs really make the game not fun..

Comment

Stop playing on pubs then.

Comment

Pubs are part of what this game is about for me..I wouldn't have found out about half of my favorites if I hadn't been playing on pubs..

EDIT: not to mention a bunch of cool people I've met playing on pubs.

Comment

Lol...

The rudest people I have ever seen online was when I started playing UT, and its rolled over into UT2k3 quite nicely.
            Expect to see more of it in UT2k4.

Not to say that this is the only game it happens in, you will see it rise as the player count grows. I came from a small community of gamers before UT. We were able to give an effective example of what we were willing to put up with, and people who didnt respect the opinion of the other gamers were pretty much all alone. You cant do that with hundreds of people playing.

Try not to take it too seriously.
            It sucks, but it gives you a target too

Comment

Well, I may seem a rude guy when playing online UT2003 because I rarely say 'gg' at the end. I only do it when you never know who's gonna win the match. The last time it happened I was playing with 2 guys. There was never a top scorer. We kept changing score positions. All of us had to try our best to win the match. In the end I got 3rd but we all had 1 frag difference from each other. Believe me that was a fucking 'gg'. Unfortunently things are not always like this. Most of the times there is always someone that has a much better ping, plays a lot better, acts like a moron, etc. Even when I win I rarely say 'gg' because people may think I'm bragging or something. So if you see me playing and I don't say anything at the end, it doesn't mean I'm rude. I' m simply ****** (not really about the match) or the game had something not 'gg' at all. Oh, I do play on pubs anyway. I don't get it about 'I never play on pubs, bla, bla, bla'. If a guy is not claned he/she has to play on pubs, right?

Comment

I would say the community are we, ourselves, shaping its form.
                "Dont do things to ppl you dont want ppl do to yourself" As an example i remember Lazlow played against me and accused me of cheating after 2-3 headshots and disconnected then

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
                (c) Bible

(jeez im on qouting spree today )

Comment

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
                  The rudest people I have ever seen online was when I started playing UT, and its rolled over into UT2k3 quite nicely.
                  Expect to see more of it in UT2k4.
                  Heh... you think it's bad now?. Just wait and see what happens if Ut2k4 is able to pull some of the CS'ers over

Comment

If the CS' gamers are clean players then I welcome them. If not then if they decide to pull the cheating/bad attitudes on a public server I would hope the admins get rid of the trash and quickly.

This is a game that people take the time to create a community, clans, set up servers, maintain servers and assure people can come in and have a good time. If someone wants to ruin that then that person needs to be removed. Permanently or temporarily it remains to be seen. Most of us that do this do it out of our own pocket. We're not getting paid to keep the game up and running by anyone. It would be nice but it's not going to happen.

Advice for players - Chill out have fun and leave the attitude/ racism/ foulness/cheating offline.

Admins- If you come across someone like that get rid of them. No questions asked. They don't like it oh well. Your community/players and friends will appreciate it more than you know it. You're footing the bill not them.

As for taking the game seriously? You're **** right! But know when to take it serious and when to have fun. Just because a server is public doesn't mean you have the right to make your own rules or act like an ***. Think about it as if you invite someone in your house and he act's like a total ***. Swearing and calling you and your friends names rather not nice. You'd be booting him out on the curb rather quickly now wouldn't you and probably giving him an ultimatum of either acting respectively or not attending at all ever again.

At least this is my view about the situation and I'm sticking to it!

sHk|-=((>^..^<))=-
                    www.shokazulu.com
                    IG/Low Gravity/GMC Style/NW2.0/CTF/Mr.Pickles!/1v1
                    Come on by for GG's

Comment

Damian needs to play me

Anyways, when I see retards flaming me, i ignore em

Comment

People worry too much about their performance, rather than just having fun playing the game.

Personally, I think it's bad to take gaming so seriously. You miss the true meaning of gaming, which is to have fun; which you can't do if you're being so serious all the time.

I love talking smack to other players on the publics that are close to my skill level. I think it brings out the best in some peoples skill and character. Although I never do it if I'm dominating a game, just when the game is close or if it's just a slug-fest between another player and I.

I use to hate the smack talking that went on in public play, but now I'm starting to enjoy it.

Basically, I'll pick a verbal fight with another player who's already talking smack in a game and who is giving me a good challenge to boot.

I'll say'oh, you're playing like a ***** or something insulting to get a reaction from that player. Then, after the player responds and calls me some names back, which usually ends up that we both will resort into changing our player nick to something insulting-- Like the person will change their name to "Purples ***" and I'll change my nick to something that's equally insulting, which we keep changing through the rest of the match to see who can come up with the better insulting nick.

Also, I taunt players with smiley faces, just to to see what kinda reaction I'll get from them. I never say gg but always use a smiley gesture at the end of a match.

After most games, it's usually the same thing that always happens. The player that I'm insulting always want's to add my name to their buddy list so that we can do it again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by .GI.Jew.
                          Damian needs to play me

Anyways, when I see retards flaming me, i ignore em
                          I'll fvck you up..

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                            Most annoying IMO are people that say "rofl", "lol" or "omg" or something like that after every time they get killed, as if they want to say "You suck and you only kill me because you're lucky. And in reality I'm not laughing at all, I'm sitting in front of my computer mad"
                            I remember this one guy I met @ Jolt once and every time I killed him, I saw this line in the chat area:

<<<<<<L>>>>>>>aughing <<<<<<O>>>>>>ut <<<<<<L>>>>>>oud...

Funny for maybe 5 seconds, then it became quite annoying. Apparently some people took the art of belittling their opponent to a whole new level.

Needless to say, he had a clan tag in his nick...

Comment

Working...
                            X