"Feeling better?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Feeling better?"

Just had the first online game for a long time today.
    Much more fun then playing bots really but..what´s with ppls attitude?
    I just connect to get fragged and hopefully get a few frags in.
    But it seems people are so **** uptight when playing.
    Getting comments like "feeling better"?When fragging someone maybe one time to many or something,what´s that supposed to mean?

Ok,anyway,it was pretty fun to play real people who know a little bit more how BR should be played.
    Said "thanks for the game" when it was over,all i could see was people saying nothing or disconnecting.
    Im not saying i 0wn3d or anything,far from it.Lost the game actually.
    Just cant understand peoples attitude,im playing for fun,if im in a bad mood i disconnect (hopefully).

Its just that it seems to be like this all the time when playing online.
    This is public servers i know and the attitude is better on those that are not i take it.
    Just want to be able to pop into a friendly(or at least not hostile,lol) game without all the BS all the time on servers,though this time i admit it wasnt all that bad,just bad vibes overall in the game as i see it,UT2k3 would be better and much more fun without it.

I know exactly what you mean.Same thing happened in xmp to me.People started complaining that I wasn't good enough for the team and to swich sides blah blah blah.It's supposed to be fun,it's not like our lives depend on the outcome of this game or anything.Although ppl do tend to take FPS very seriously.Like whenever I play Worms 3d online people there are really cool and take it as a big joke when they mess up and always say something like "thanks for playing" at the end.Makes a game much more enjoyable IMHO.

Comment

I couldn't agree more - I've pretty much given up on gaming online with UT2003 because of this.

Comment

Yes, that's sooo true on many pubs... The winners scream "gg" and the losers say "dumbsh1t cheater," "bg," or just disconnect. I wonder why many people can't just say "gg" if they had fun playing and lost anyway.

...That's one of the things I like about RTS gaming: People are usually more friendly. Don't know why, probably because all the dumbasses don't try to learn something more complex than a FPS game In there, it's usually "gg" from both sides if it really was an enjoyable game. In UT2003 pubs it's usually worse... Not always though

Comment

Originally posted by koopa
          I couldn't agree more - I've pretty much given up on gaming online with UT2003 because of this.
          Indeed. Now, the only times I go online are for clan matches. Yesterday I went online and there was this guy named Help_Mum. Almost every time someone killed him, he said "laggy" so after a few times, someone said "if its so laggy for you, why dont you leave the server" to which he replied "shut the f*** up d*p****" ..........theres no need for this

It was a 6 man death match on Antalus and all the other players were similar skilled

Comment

Good post, this is pretty much why i tend to stay away from pubs nowadays. I generally just play with guys i know, makes it so much more fun when your playing with cool people instead of on pubs where the majority don't even say gg after a match and just disconnect without speaking :bulb:

I don't think i've ever really had anyone swearing at me or calling cheater etc online (im not good enough for that ) but just the attitudes of some people is enough to put you off.

Tis a shame really

Comment

Originally posted by Lazlow
              Yesterday I went online and there was this guy named Help_Mum. Almost every time someone killed him, he said "laggy" so after a few times, someone said "if its so laggy for you, why dont you leave the server" to which he replied "shut the f*** up d*p****" ..........theres no need for this

It was a 6 man death match on Antalus and all the other players were similar skilled
              After reading this i remembered this guy i've seen the few times i've played on pubs. dAMIAn-78 pointed him out to me, and his name is PATRIOT.

If you use the LG on him at all and kill him, he'll immediately call out one of a number of things, such as "botter", "nice aimbot ya got there", "nice triggerbot n00b", blah blah and so on, all the time.

Stupid thing is the guy is pretty good too, don't see why he needs to act like that

Some people...:weird:

Comment

A few days ago i had someone continously saying that i suck.
                He told me to f*ck off because i wasn't offering him a challenge.

He was alot better than me, but it felt **** good to frag him 5 times in a row. (Luck, but still)

I rarely have problems with peoples attitude, but some are just so **** annoying.

Comment

Strange. Someone said "feeling better?" to me a few days ago. Can't remember who it was, really.
                  Yeah, some people are WAY too tight.
                  Most annoying IMO are people that say "rofl", "lol" or "omg" or something like that after every time they get killed, as if they want to say "You suck and you only kill me because you're lucky. And in reality I'm not laughing at all, I'm sitting in front of my computer mad"

Comment

To be honest,i normally ignore them,but allways go out of my way to frag them all the time(unless there better than me),real fun to see them cry lol

Comment

Completely agree, there seem to be a lot of people that forget it's primarily a game and is supposed to be fun. UT2003 is sufficiently difficult for a beginner that many get discouraged early on anyway, and comments like that just exacerbate the situation.

I've encountered the same attitude in C&C Generals and occasionally BF1942, particularly the former where you get a lot of snobbery. Actually, for the most part BF1942 remains fun online but I've usually had enough after a couple of games.

Come to think of it, some PC gaming nowadays is a bit of a chore and maybe I only play out of habit. Playing a few games on a friend's PS2 the other night was surprisingly refreshing, it was possible just to pick them up and play and enjoy.

Bah. Perhaps I am too old for these modern games (30, you know). The youth of today, don't know they're born, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHydra

...That's one of the things I like about RTS gaming: People are usually more friendly.
                        You, have probably not played Starcraft or Warcraft 3 online have you?

Comment

I *almost* always say GG or something similar after a game. The only exceptions are when I've been really ****** off with either my own skill or when the whole other team behaves in a lame way by bragging or generally being annoying (happens not often that one).

For the most part it seems just kinda rude to leave without saying anything but I just tend to ignore it because there's not point making a huge deal about it when I just want to have fun

Comment

Re: "Feeling better?"

Originally posted by Tobbe
                            Just had the first online game for a long time today.
                            Much more fun then playing bots really but..what´s with ppls attitude?
                            I just connect to get fragged and hopefully get a few frags in.
                            But it seems people are so **** uptight when playing.
                            Getting comments like "feeling better"?When fragging someone maybe one time to many or something,what´s that supposed to mean?

Ok,anyway,it was pretty fun to play real people who know a little bit more how BR should be played.
                            Said "thanks for the game" when it was over,all i could see was people saying nothing or disconnecting.
                            Im not saying i 0wn3d or anything,far from it.Lost the game actually.
                            Just cant understand peoples attitude,im playing for fun,if im in a bad mood i disconnect (hopefully).

Its just that it seems to be like this all the time when playing online.
                            This is public servers i know and the attitude is better on those that are not i take it.
                            Just want to be able to pop into a friendly(or at least not hostile,lol) game without all the BS all the time on servers,though this time i admit it wasnt all that bad,just bad vibes overall in the game as i see it,UT2k3 would be better and much more fun without it.
                            Don't worry i joined this server right it was a clan server or whatever! I was like better than all those clan people so they must have got irratated or whatever! Next thing I know this person tells me to GET OUT! I replied NO, so then you know it had to come out so i didn't even hesitate so i f%ked him right off!!!!! Then i got kicked out!!!! LoL

Comment

Well I was playing RO last night and cought some racist ***** claiming he hates all asians bla bla bla. I gave him a piece of my mind.

Anyways, the thing in UT2k3 is that DM is more about pride. Its you against everyone else. Your not there to have fun. Your there to win. People often take the game very seriously. Whats wrong with disconnected after having a bad game? Maybe they can't be bothered to continue playing or perhaps they may actually have a genuine reason to quit at that coincidental time.

On another note believe it or not, when some people actually say, "whoa I had some lag there!". It doesn't mean they are lying! But people with their conceited little views would think, "oh boy, not another complainer. ". Now I'm not denying that there are idiots out there who come up with excuses, but I am saying that some people have a genuine case for complaining.

Pompous remarks such as, "Fsking lamer" are made due to frustration. If you'd stop and think why he said that, then maybe you wont end up having a flame war with the guy. You need to be a reasonable person. If he's an as$hole, ignore the guy and focus on your game.

Oh and the reason people are often very quiet on pubs is that they turn text off.

Comment

Working...
                              X