Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Release Of Ut2004 To Public For Free

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
    My actual point is, Ebay sold games are typically linked with piracy and stolen CD-Keys on UTAN.

    Retail outlets have stopped selling used PC games as well as contentue the late 90s "you buy it you bought it" shtick(no returns), the media mafia er RIAA tried to make the sale of used music CDs illicit and failed.

    You can not ban the sale of used media just because a portion of it might be pirated or publishers can not make money from it.

    It is my right to buy used and I will defend it to the death it is the last outlet I can legally boyycot the current trend in gaming.

    In general I see no issue with used PC games, tis simple start off with a disclaimer keys/serials may or may not be valid, a processing fee of 15% will be placed on returns,

    Hell retail could get with publishers and buy keys in bulk from them and sale them with used games for 5$ a pop, the industry is only stagnating in its filth with the high prices and anti consumerism...

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
      Retail outlets have stopped selling used PC games as well as contentue the late 90s "you buy it you bought it" shtick(no returns), the media mafia er RIAA tried to make the sale of used music CDs illicit and failed.

      You can not ban the sale of used media just because a portion of it might be pirated or publishers can not make money from it.

      It is my right to buy used and I will defend it to the death it is the last outlet I can legally boyycot the current trend in gaming.

      In general I see no issue with used PC games, tis simple start off with a disclaimer keys/serials may or may not be valid, a processing fee of 15% will be placed on returns,

      Hell retail could get with publishers and buy keys in bulk from them and sale them with used games for 5$ a pop, the industry is only stagnating in its filth with the high prices and anti consumerism...
      There's nothing wrong with buying it, but when you go to play online and get this: [shot]http://utan.tnwagroup.com/other/utanms.jpg[/shot] then your only hope is that Epic reads their email and takes pity on you.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
        There's nothing wrong with buying it, but when you go to play online and get this: [shot]http://utan.tnwagroup.com/other/utanms.jpg[/shot] then your only hope is that Epic reads their email and takes pity on you.
        Sorry I have my high horse stuck in my rear,you should hear the funny sounds it makes when I have gaz 0-o


        LOL

        Anyway its the price of buying used,I can't get anything done when I buy a new game and lose its manual so I look at it like it sucks move on get another copy.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
          Sorry I have my high horse stuck in my rear,you should hear the funny sounds it makes when I have gaz 0-o


          LOL

          Anyway its the price of buying used,I can't get anything done when I buy a new game and lose its manual so I look at it like it sucks move on get another copy.
          lol, smart shopping?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
            lol, smart shopping?
            well frankly I have never had issues with a key unless I lose it...I lost my Bioshock key its on the manual, so I bought another used copy,found the old manual so now I have 2,gave a copy to a friend with the revoke tool on a CD.

            Comment


              #21
              i actually bought 4 UT games for 20 bucks at a local gamestop =D (although it doesn't work right, yet)
              but your right. i havn't been able to get this game for a very long time. like 2-3 months. but i havn't tried that hard.
              I don't think this is a good idea anyway.... too big of a loss of money for the companies.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Dr.Death View Post
                i actually bought 4 UT games for 20 bucks at a local gamestop =D (although it doesn't work right, yet)
                but your right. i havn't been able to get this game for a very long time. like 2-3 months. but i havn't tried that hard.
                I don't think this is a good idea anyway.... too big of a loss of money for the companies.
                Truth is stranger than fiction, Epic is about the only living dev to release out of publish games in a bundle on physical media the rest give up and sit on the CP till hell frezees,there really is no money to be lost protecting old data, even with digital distribution and freeing up older versions of out of published data its not going to hurt them because the landslide of new media goers will always be there to buy thier uninspired ****.

                If they put the effort to repackage and "publish" old media the repackaged media would be safe until they no longer publish or distribute it.

                They can not make money on stuff they themselfs are not selling and people are merely sharing,there is no money loss and they publish it some will want to try and support it noobs will buy it without thinking and there will be those that are happy with their older versions and update its physical medium as they see fit for products they bought years ago.

                The retail market and media mafias should back off th population when it has decided enough is enough, they need to change their ways and change how the game is played not get their FBI buddies in ice to raid the homes of a few couple console modders because they dare to have a mod chip which falls under fair use but is broken by the vague and draconian DMCA.

                Between retailers and publishers inflating prices(data is not worth 10% more than retail boxed game,and new games should not be above 40$.... not with thenoreturn rule in effect....) and refusing returns on the grounds of a broken(as in unfinished at launch) or bad games they are losing the money outright its not piracy thats doing it.

                I think upping game prices by 5-10$ then adding a nation wide 20% on returns would be the best compromise to the no return issue,but they wont do that, instead they treat consumers like thief's.... and frankly I have had enough of their BS, I no longer buy new, I always buy discount or used,meaning Ebay and Amazon get most of my money,you can't beat a working 10-20$ game that retails for 30+.

                Another idea that would not be bad is tax the net 10% and make most downloading free for non profit purposes.

                Comment


                  #23
                  i'd be in favor of killing all demo servers and making ppl buy the retail..but i don't see any justification for making it free. and you can still buy it.. my first try at finding it....


                  http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournam...8072397&sr=8-1

                  [screenshot]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7213/22938183cr4.png[/screenshot]

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Free, nah. Too many people disrespect this game to make it free. If you want to bother those whose still love this game, pay for it please.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                      i'd be in favor of killing all demo servers and making ppl buy the retail..but i don't see any justification for making it free. and you can still buy it.. my first try at finding it....


                      http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournam...8072397&sr=8-1

                      [screenshot]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7213/22938183cr4.png[/screenshot]
                      Or go to best buy. Not wanting to pay $30 bucks for unreal 2004 is disrespectful to the best game ever created

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by CFH320 View Post
                        Or go to best buy. Not wanting to pay $30 bucks for unreal 2004 is disrespectful to the best game ever created
                        ...you do of corse realize epic is only getting 10-20 of that because best buy marks up their retail ****....... also in the scheme of things its not going to matter if its bought "new" or "retail" or not.

                        besides it would be cheaper to buy anthology for 14.99........

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                          i'd be in favor of killing all demo servers and making ppl buy the retail..but i don't see any justification for making it free. and you can still buy it.. my first try at finding it....


                          http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournam...8072397&sr=8-1
                          http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7213/22938183cr4.png
                          Not to mention you can buy it on Steam now

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                            Not to mention you can buy it on Steam now
                            if you like bloated spyware.....

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Personally i think Epic should release the source code too.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
                                if you like bloated spyware.....
                                I have Steam and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Matter of fact, I wish more publishers would use this method for selling games.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X