This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Release Of Ut2004 To Public For Free

Ok, I know this is gonna get a lot of attention so let me begin. I think Epic/Atari, well whom ever owns the rights to Unreal tournament 2004 needs to fully release the retail version of the game to the public for free. And provide free custom client and custom server keys just as though people have purchased the game in a store. Yes, thats right, I said for free. Why? Very simple. No one can buy the game anywhere. It's not in distribution any longer. There are many, many people still playing on demo servers who don't have the money to upgrade their pc's just to play UT3 and they Can't buy UT2004 anywere. For me I think this is very sad.

I am presently paying for two UT2004 servers. A 24 slot demo server and it is constantly full. I also have purchased a 24 man Retail which has about 2 to 4 people join once in a blue moon. So, what does this tell us? It tells us that many people have moved on to other games, but at the same token NEW people have came along and are left hanging on to the demo version.

I feel that by fully releasing the game you will spark new interest in people to continue to want to learn, make new mods and maps. They eventually will be able to migrate to UT3 once gas prices come down.

I could go on and on about this, but I think its time, and I think its the right thing to do.

So, in closing. Epic? Atar? This is a pleading call to please release Unreal tournament 2004 to the public. Or, put the game back on the shelves.

The time has come. Do the right thing!

Uh there are many places to buy UT2004. google is your friend. ebay is your friend.

Comment

Out of stock.
      It may say they have in stock, but trust me. You purchase then you will find out the hard way, they are out of stock, and oh your money? You'll just have to wait 2 to 3 months before you get it back. Until then, they'll just make interest money off your money.

Used items on ebay.
      Who likes or wants to pay for used scratched up CD's or DVD's?

If it has come to this? The only way you can purchase any game is settle for sloppy seconds or getting ripped by internet kingspins. Then the time has come just like Quake2. They faced the music and did the right thing. But they didn't just stop there, they even released the source code.

Bottom line.
      EPIC has made the pennies they set out to make on UT2004. Support for the game has gone. We are lucky they still have the master server up. I wouldn't be surprised if thats gonna be gone soon too!. They have done and will do the same for UT3. There is a never satisfying hungry beast out there. His name is: GREED! He's always growing and never can get enough.

EPIC/ATARI/MIDWAY
      RELEASE UT2004 TO THE PUBLIC NOW!

Comment

I could see if they released UT2004 on steam. I don't see why they dont do that.

Comment

The Unreal Anthology is still around, isn't it?
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832129126

Comment

$13 + free shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Ku.sh View Post
              I could see if they released UT2004 on steam. I don't see why they dont do that.
              lol damm i must be psychic but they have now released all of the UT games on Steam

check out this article for more info

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1526320

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....Id=13230&cc=US

Comment

How the hell...?! I already heard about the news at BU, but how did you guess just one day before it was announced? Is this a trick? 0_o

Comment

lol i jus guessed. since i play team fortress 2 and other steam games i always wondered why they didnt have UT on steam too. Like last week i noticed they had all the Quake games on steam so i really wondered why UT wasnt up there aswell.

Comment

Maybe Epic listened to your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Ku.sh View Post
                      Uh there are many places to buy UT2004. google is your friend. ebay is your friend.
                      Not agreeing or disagreeing, but technically Epic doesn't make any money from Ebay-sold games, as there's no guarantee they won't keep a copy for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                        Not agreeing or disagreeing, but technically Epic doesn't make any money from Ebay-sold games, as there's no guarantee they won't keep a copy for themselves.
                        Epic doesn't technically make money from games sold at any store to consumers. they only make money when stores like Gamestop and Best Buy buy it from Midway. So buying a game from ebay or buying a game from gamestop, as long as they are new retail versions of the game, doesn't matter to Epic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                          Epic doesn't technically make money from games sold at any store to consumers. they only make money when stores like Gamestop and Best Buy buy it from Midway. So buying a game from ebay or buying a game from gamestop, as long as they are new retail versions of the game, doesn't matter to Epic at all.
                          It does matter. Maybe not directly, but like any retail product, if people buys them they will order more supplies.

Comment

Janes_Addiction-
                            and when they no longer publish it everyone is screwed.

And no used games do not earn the publishers a DIME, they do get money from retail outlets but only when new orders are placed, most non moving stock is moved around or liquidated in some fashion, only the hot selling or highly pub maintained titles stay in the stores for more than 2 years, after that its mostly used and bargain bin stock that they use to fill out their stock with.

Really tho i think fair use should be updated to make any media thats 5 years old and that version of it thats unpublished should be free to trade in non profit settings, this 100 year CP bullsht is ridiculous.

Comment

My actual point is, Ebay sold games are typically linked with piracy and stolen CD-Keys on UTAN.

Comment

Working...
                              X