ut2k3 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut2k3 team

i am farely new to unreal tournament 2003, but i have played it before, while i also play quake 3 and counter-strike. i was wondering if anyone wanted to participate in a team for this game (i run a cs team, and i am expanding the team into ut2k3, because it is clearly an awesome game)... or at least help me out a little so i understand the leagues and everything... any help would be appreciated. thanks

I am also a fan of UT2k,
    sadly though if you have just got into the game , Epic are not really bothered about UT2003 anymore they want you to buy UT2004 , & nearly all of the people that post on this forum agree with them.
    So GL have fun & make sure you keep your reciept

Comment

Re: ut2k3 team

Originally posted by psychx
      i am farely new to unreal tournament 2003, but i have played it before, while i also play quake 3 and counter-strike. i was wondering if anyone wanted to participate in a team for this game (i run a cs team, and i am expanding the team into ut2k3, because it is clearly an awesome game)... or at least help me out a little so i understand the leagues and everything... any help would be appreciated. thanks
      Hi psychx,

welcome to the forum..

You may want to check out www.clanbase.com

Loads of ut2k3 clans (NW/insta) playing in team games. If you are looking to form a clan, I would suggest looking for people to join when you are playing online. There are a few requirements needed before you start playing in most leagues i.e. members..lol, a server, wepsite etc etc

Also let people know what weapon mod the clan will be, normal weapons or insta-giby(or both)

Good luck m8 on finding your team!!

mÒde«1*

Comment

ok, well, 2003 and 2004 seem like completely different games, so there shouldnt be too much competition there, but anyway.. what are the most popular leagues and game types? and also... do i need a server? because i already pay for a counter-strike game server

Comment

Hey psychx, welcome to the forums...

Although it is not mandatory to have a clan server in order to run a clan, it does help. Not only does it give your team a common place to practice, but it is a good place to recruit new members (if the server is not passworded). And yes... if it is a DEDICATED server you will have to pay for it.

In general, the 2 most played gametypes by clans currently are CTF and TDM. There is a split on these gametypes between those who play Normal Weapons and those who play Instagib (one shot, one kill). I would try playing both ways to decide which you like better.

The leagues and ladders are a little thin at the moment... mostly due to the anticipation of Ut2k4... Clanbase is a good start though.

Also, 2003 and 2004 are not going to be completely different games. Although they will not be compatible, they are based on the same movement, physics, and weapon use, with some minor differences. Once Ut2k4 comes out, Ut2k3 will probably thin out into nothing rather quickly... So you are going to want to design your clan with the intention of switching to 2004 when it comes out.

Comment

ya, i already intended to switch over to 2k4, but for now i wanted everyone to at least get used to the ut game...

Comment

Working...
            X