Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't anyone use the Link gun much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because i play Instagib?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper_Rifle357
      Linking is a very gd base defence, but many ppl on publics are kill crazy whores who care nothing of team play and just want to hear the word God like. shame
      I hear you man

Sometimes I be playing nwBR and the words Player is Godlike, so when I find that Player he is usually just camping in the base shock-whoring the whole time.......even when we are on offense.

I mean I don't have no problem with campers(do what you gotta do to win), but just that don't camp in our base when we are on offense, geez

Comment

Originally posted by fenris1911
        Maybe you should add "| teamsay USING LINK" behind your linkgun bind.
        90% of the clanplayers have that, and on a public server, they happily switch away from the linkgun after you put up a link to them. 3 seconds later, you die because you're still trying to link up. I've given up on linking publically. Too much hassle and people tend to act like *******s and play solo anyway.

Comment

I use the Link Gun all the time

I don't link much with others though...

You would be surprised how weird of frags you can get with the link's secondary

Comment

Yeah, probably, long time since I played public anyway...

Comment

just not enough ammo. Actually we tried it(on pubs) but after one kill someone just runs out of ammo. 125 is very little compared to the 350 of mini and the fact that supporting ppl are not shooting

Comment

Link is fastly becoming one of me favorite weapons... I only use it much in TTM warmup though because you have about 999 ammo then ^^.

Comment

I rarely use it as a normal weapon, and suprisingly i use it more to link with while playing DDOM. Recently it seems to have been used more by the regular DDOM'ers (including myself) on pubs.

My main criticism of it is that the linkee's should have some sort of limited protection to offset the fact that they cannot defend themselves (except by jumping about which breaks the link).

Overall i think it CAN be used to good effect.

Comment

The link gun will gain a fair bit more popularity once UT2k4 comes out. Since the Link is used to charge/repair nodes in ONS and repair vehicles in ONS and AS, people will get used to switching to it and linking up. This will carry over to other gametypes, I'm sure of it.

Should be interesting to see.

Comment

I use secondary fire in tunnels when people come.. no escape ( far away )

Also i use the secondary to bash someone with low health

Btw the new Link Model for ut2k4 rocks!

Comment

i only use it when only alt is the assault rifle.

i dont use it though cause secondary too weak, and primary too slow.

Comment

I'll use it on occasion... I tend to like Flak, RL, and Minigun a lot more (although LG is getting slightly more acceptable as I have a video card that handles the lightning arc better).

My Opinion:

Primary: Decent Damage, can killl faster than secondary i think... Rate of fire needs to be higher... The UT one used to go at a slightly faster clip.

Secondary: The main reason i'm not a major fan of this... The old UT version used to rip people to shreds. This doesn't probably due to less damage being done. IMHO i don't think the waving of the beam has anything to do with the damage at all though. It's a nice effect, but the beam def. doesn't seem to go as far as it used to.

Comment

The UT2k4 link beam scans for hits twice as often, I believe Cursive said. So once people give it a try, they might find that it's not so useless and we'll see it used more. I personally love using the link, but I always get frustrated and scream when it keeps not hitting when I know it should.

Comment

primary...projectiles fly WAY to slow.
                              secondary, that stupid whirlygig thing. and to make it worse, godlike bots OWN with alt fire.

Comment

Originally posted by :.Agers
                                I use secondary fire in tunnels when people come.. no escape ( far away )

Also i use the secondary to bash someone with low health

Btw the new Link Model for ut2k4 rocks!
                                I think you meant Primary on you first sentence

Originally posted by A2597
                                primary...projectiles fly WAY to slow.
                                secondary, that stupid whirlygig thing. and to make it worse, godlike bots OWN with alt fire.
                                I actually like the primary fire, and I'm dam good with it too, but yeah it would be better if it was faster.

Also I agree the 2ndary sucks ****, they should bring back the 2ndary fire from UT, then I would never put the Link down:up:

Comment

Working...
                                X