Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't anyone use the Link gun much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't anyone use the Link gun much?

I'm always trying to find people to link with, but never see anyone use it hardly

I don't just like it cause you can link, but I'm pretty good with the Link gun by itself, too With the primary fire I can do hella lot damage, but if people leinked I could do even more damage.

I think the most I got liked was with 3 people. 2 of my teammates were camping in out base(BR-Anubis) with Link guns and I joined them. WE had mowed down like thier whole team and a speed' guy

Whenever I see someon I switch back to my link to see if anyone else is using it, but most of the time they don't.

But i just wanna know how often do any of you guys use the Link gun?

---------------------------

EDIT: For those that don't know I drew a picture on how to link...........

because it sucks (secondary is weak as ****)

Comment

never used it intresting..
      but what do u mean u can link with some body explane??

Comment

It's good but the secondary curly crooked style gives it a weird "I don't wanna use this weapon" feel. Or something:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by -=KilL-Ha-Ic3=-
          never used it intresting..
          but what do u mean u can link with some body explane??
          The Riordan Dynamic Weapons Systems database: http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut20...eapon=link_gun

It seems the Link Gun will be more useful in UT2K4 - at least for repairing vehicles and power nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Glopes
            It's good but the secondary curly crooked style gives it a weird "I don't wanna use this weapon" feel. Or something:bulb:
            Same here. It's my least favorite weapon now, and in UT I still love it

Comment

hey thats some sweet **** :up:

Comment

Why doesn't anybody ever link up with the link gun? (team mates)

Or is it that they don't know they could do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine_X
                  because it sucks (secondary is weak as ****)
                  Yeah, I never use the 2ndary, but like that the primary does more damage though. I used to own with the 2ndary pulse gun in UT, but they toned the damage down so you could link with people, but no on ever link

I wish UT2004 would have:

primary = UT2003

2ndary = UT

Comment

Linking is a very gd base defence, but many ppl on publics are kill crazy whores who care nothing of team play and just want to hear the word God like. shame

Comment

I used to use it occasionally when I could use a straight beam. But Aunti TCC popped up and cried CHEAT, and thus I could no longer use a straight beam. <shrug> I've never used it since.

Comment

Why doesn't anyone use the link gun?

Not enough primary damage/projectile speed/ROF

Secondary max trace distance too short (needs to be twice as long)
                        Secondary needs to trace more often

Linking is often a HUGE sacrifice for the team. If the linked person dies, the linkers are left with crappy weapons and the base is in chaos.

Not enough ammo, period. Needs to have 50 on pickup, and each pickup adds 50 ammo, with a max of 150 or 200.

Comment

i LG with a link as backup if they get 2 close.. hard part tho is the way the beam bends and curves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper_Rifle357
                            i LG with a link as backup if they get 2 close.. hard part tho is the way the beam bends and curves.
                            Nah, hard part is keeping someone in your crosshairs for 2 seconds

Comment

Maybe you should add "| teamsay USING LINK" behind your linkgun bind.

Comment

Working...
                              X