Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempting to make portable

Hello everyone

I am going to try and strip the single player and pretty much everything except for like 10 TDM and CTF maps from the game. I am doing this so I can make the game small enough so I can fit it on a flash drive and me and my friends can play in LAN games. My question to you is can it be done? how do I know what files will I need or not need?

Thanks for reading

-ray

I can't help you here, but don't delete anything from the System, Textures, Sounds, Static Meshes, and Animations folders. These are essential for gameplay, unless you delete unused files, such as the Onslaught files.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr General View Post
      I can't help you here, but don't delete anything from the System, Textures, Sounds, Static Meshes, and Animations folders. These are essential for gameplay, unless you delete unused files, such as the Onslaught files.
      but thats like everything

is there a way to tell what mesh and texture goes with what map

Comment

Use UTPT to open each map file individually and check the package dependencies (look at the import table). It should also be noted that although a map may not use textures from a texture file, a static mesh within the map could, so you would also need the texture file... and yes, doing that would be a lot of work.

Really though, you should just buy enough copies for your friends (the DVD versions, very affordable these days) and just install whenever you want to play it (and uninstall when done). The DVDs may not be as small as flash keys, but a small Multi CD holder is not that large.

Comment

I lost you here. You can simply install the full game on all computer and play... why should that be impossible?

Comment

Working...
          X