Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I dont, but you can open up Plunge and see

If you could, can you add a xpawn so we can see the outside scale of what you are doing?

Lighting looks good too. A few really dark spots on the wall detal. I myself would build the whole map and add the lighting later. but it seems to be working good for you as you are doing it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no luck...

does anyone know the name of the staticmesh pack that contains the boostpad meshes that are on plunge?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try the gen mokai static meshes - im sure ull find sumthing in there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok just a small update on the Cave...

Its quite a bit heavier on pollys(sp?) so my frame rate decreased quite a bit, but still very playable ^_^

[screenshot]http://forums.gameservers.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=112487[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://forums.gameservers.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=112488[/screenshot]

EDIT: I am planning on putting stome jump pads leading up to the pathway above... any idies where i could find a good static mesh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You don't need any other programs to re-skin a mesh.

If you right click a mesh and goto it's properties then under Display theres a Skins option. Expand it click add and it'll add an extra field called 0 pick the texture you want in the texture browser and click use. The texture will then be added to the mesh. If you want to get rid of it just click delete and the mesh will return to it's default texture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by !Wicked DUDE!
    hmm if i had the program to do it i would have a shot... but i would probably make it just look worse
    Some of the shiptech meshes come with shadow maps. Look for ShipTechHardware.utx or something like it.
    Most likely, you'll have to apply the shadowmap to the SMeshes UV2 channel. (look for a variable with something like UV2 in it)

EDIT": now i need to know how to get rid of a collusion box :X
    I think you'll have to reimport it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, scary
    Looks exactly like one of my first maps, down the the style, texture of the terrain, and the ramp bit

I got a few of my ideas from a tutorial, cant remember which one though now. You using one ?, I'm guessing we probably followed the same thing

Looking god so far, keep it up :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Northern-Monkey
    Looks nice.

But my I suggest re-texturing some of the static meshes. Alot of the Shiptech meshes are kinda bland and boring out of the box.
    hmm if i had the program to do it i would have a shot... but i would probably make it just look worse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks nice.

But my I suggest re-texturing some of the static meshes. Alot of the Shiptech meshes are kinda bland and boring out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mmm yah but all i can find is cylinder around x y or z.... lil help fora noob?

EDIT: found it by clicking some buttons

EDIT": now i need to know how to get rid of a collusion box :X

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if there are any mapping folk around... how do i get a static mesh to block a karma body... thanks in advance
    Depends on what kind of static mesh you're talking about.
    If you mean a normal garden-variety imported static mesh, you should probably just autogenerate a karma-primitive for it in the Static mesh browser.

If it's a static mesh that came with the game that refuses to block karma, you could put some Karma collision to it by placing another static mesh with approximately the same shape, but does have Karma collision, in the same place, then set that one to be hidden. (this might cause projectile collision to be wonky tho')

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if there are any mapping folk around... how do i get a static mesh to block a karma body... thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work man, hell of a lot better than i could do :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another update...

fixed the textures

and a few screenies ^_^

[screenshot]http://forums.gameservers.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=111641[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://forums.gameservers.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=111643[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://forums.gameservers.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=111646[/screenshot]

as you turn the corner you come to an underground cave.... well atleast thats the idea... the lighting isnt final but is the best i can do atm... got alot of school work etc ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    got blocking volumes around the edges ^^
    Nice. Now the other 90% of mappers need to learn this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X