Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Consoles main problem is that you have to buy 3 of em to keep up... :bulb:

Another sign of a true nerd(besides being a middle aged, overweight male virgin and having no friends except on the internet): You constantly argue how game x is better then game y, or how a PC is better then a console.
    I think the main sign is trying to squize you missrable live over to somebody else at a internet forum... :weird:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PCs are superior to consoles in every single technical aspect. There is no question, there is no debate.

That said, consoles have a purpose. There are many games that I find more amusing on consoles then on PC. For example, I have madden 2003 for console and PC. I play the PC version when it's just me messing aroudn against the computer or in rare occasions online. But when the guys come over and we decide to play, I go for the console because it's located in the entertainment room, it's easy for multiple players to be involved, and have room to spread out. Even with my 21inch screen, it dosn't ahve anything on my big screen TV for size.

However, 95% of PC versions of games are better than their console siblings. The only exception to that is when a game is badly ported. Some games would be fine, but when a developer leaves the limititations of a console in a PC version that has no justifiable reason for those limits, it ruins the game. For example, I recently played a game that refused to allow you to redefine the controls on PC. There were 4 preset controls that matched very well with a console controller, but not so well mapped onto my PC controller.

I have an xbox, a PS2, and a PC. And I can say that my PC blows every console out of the water. But companies like M$ and Sony have put a lot of effort into crushing the PC gaming market by forcing companies to make games for their console and then port an inferior product onto PC (and other consoles).

But yes, your PC SHOULD be better in every aspect over your console. better gfx, better control, more options, and more variety in games (though perhaps not more selection)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brought a ps2 ages back....got a few games for it, such as metal gear solid 2, ISS, GTA3, GT, but i aint used it in about 6-8 months....at that was prolly only to play dvd's.

Havent been too much of a console fan since i invested in pc's, and am frustrated at what is happening to the pc games market because of consoles (DE: Invisible War comes to mind).

Having said that, x-box does look like a descent machine. Played project gotham racing on it ages back,...seemed like a fairly nice, fluid game...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the trend is changing - there was a time when the serious gamer played PC games and consoles were for the younger audience.

These days - you can buy an XBox (or pick the console of your xhoice) and 3 games for the same price as the latest GFX Card... That X-Box will have a steady stream of games coming out for it, you will not have ANY compatibility problem, every game will be optimised for your haqrdware, and you will not need to upgrade it until the next generation console appears (which will still be 1/2 the price of the latest PC GFX card). In that time a PC gamer will usually have upgraded their GFX card twice, and replaced many other PC components.

Most of the best games will appear on the console first, and later be ported over to the PC, a lot of good games never make the leap.

The PC does have some great games coming out for it first (which will be ported to the console no doubt), and it does excel in network gaming.

Console gaming is also more social - its easier and more fun to have 2/3 people on the sofa playing together on a big screen TV than to arrange a small LAN party.

PC games are a easily pirated, where console games are a lot harder to copy, so devs are slowly moving to the more profitable platform.

I think the future of gaming lies in consoles, not quite at the moment, but that is the direction we are going. The PC will be used for production (web-design, programming, modelling, etc) and media (MP3,XviD, etc), and as the main access point for the internet.

This will be best all round - one machine for work and light entertainment, and a console for playing games. I will end up cheaper and more convenient in the long run (unless your a pirate and dont pay for your games, but I want to keep that out of this discussion).

I dont currently own a console, but the volume and quality of console games has really gone up over the last couple of years - and I am at the point where I am seriously tempted to buy one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I only ever bought an n64, but if i was tempted to buy a console it would definately be a cube.

I think pcs and consoles both have various pros and cons.Consoles are much better than pcs for beat-em ups and instant gratification games (like mario kart),but is much worse for strategy and shoot-em ups.I don't own a console other than my '64 cos i don't have the money, but they are worth getting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pc>gamecube>xbox>ps2
    gg
    wp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
    Keep your gheicomments to your gheiself
    he asked about ppls oppinions...

well that's my oppinion... take it or leave it

the last console i bought was a GBA waaay back (non sp version)

i got a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis also... it's broken though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, PC isn't better than console, but that doesn't mean that console is better than PC.

They're both good if done correctly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    you support terrorism if you buy an Xbox...

PC > * > Console

NFSU is better on the PC than on the gheibox gheicube or gheistation
    Keep your gheicomments to your gheiself

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another sign of a true nerd(besides being a middle aged, overweight male virgin and having no friends except on the internet):
    You constantly argue how game x is better then game y, or how a PC is better then a console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cant se why ppl hate consoles so much! :weird:

I true gamier with respect for himself owns a console! :up:

NO, consoles aint better that PCs... but its like comparing a sportscar and a motorbike!

Every true speedfanatics owns a motorbike... but they dont buy it to REPLACE theyr car! And there is one more fact you forget... PRICE!

Gamecube: $118,-
    Computah: $1037,-
    (True prices in Norway)

*edit*

Originally posted by comb0KING
    just hoping they make a Mario Kart release...

:cK
    :weird: Like "Cube + Mario Kart: $99,-" or that they make a MK for the cube?! Cause... mk been out for quite a while!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an XBOX and love it. It is Modded though (XECUTOR 2.2). I dont think Id like it so much if it was a bog standard box. I have it connected to my home LAN.

I can stream shoutcast (Fibre into my Yammy Amp 5.1), Play my MP3's from my PC server. I have over 65 games, I use it to watch XVID, DIVX, AVI, ASF etc.. on my 36" TV downstairs. I can FTP to it from this and my other PC's(Flash FXP). I can rip Audio/game CD/DVDS to its 120GB HD or just copy them over the LAN. It plays DVD's if needed. I have the remote so can access evrything at a click of a button. It has a time server built in, FTP server, Visualisations fro MP3's etc..Its great.

Oh did I say that it connects to IMDB for Movie info when required. Just click on your shared Movie and it will download and display the info IMDB has for it. Wicked

But as I said a standard XBOX to me would be boring. The only thing thats annoying is the fact I cant use XBOX live on MOST of the games I have. MS will instantly BAN any modded XBOX it detects connecting to its LIVE servers. I can turn the Mod chip off though if required.

I use it more than my PC TBH. Get a few new XVID movies and watch them downstairs, also great for those **** collections - Great for viewing slideshows No more huddling over that PC in the corner.

Some of the Games are awsome - PG2, SSX3, Amped2, Metal Arms, Freestyle Metal X - to name a few - all presented in DD5.1 wich sounds great on my AMP (Vibe 15" Sub).

FPS games suck on it. Then again I have this PC for that. For ARCADE games the XBOX is second to none. Wich is what I want from a console.

To me its a Home Entertainment system - Not just a games Console. A PC is a PC a Games console is just that. They are different beasts. I get what I want from both.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dude, for the most part... PS2 and x:box suck IF you already own a PC.

But I'm with you on the Nintendo Gamecube -- imma probably buy one soon... just hoping they make a Mario Kart release...

At one point, I hated nintendo but now the playability and simple controls makes the longevity fun as hell.....

-----

the problem we (as TRUE gamers) face now is the fact that alot of studios are building for what everyone calls, 'consolish' strategy and game play.... usually ending up in a nerfed game type to appease a larger market and make the sales number hit.

can we get upset? surely. can we blame them? only if they completely forget about PC users and never build pc-based games.

thank god for epic. so quit crying about the release date..

they are still one of the few.

:cK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's all M$ fault.. **** M$

*starts personal anti M$ riot*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    all good console games make their way to the PC sooner or later
    remember when it was the other way around ?......ah those were the days. i must admit that a came close to buying an Xbox b4 xmas, ended up with a fx5900 instead, phew that was close, i still go a mega drive that comes out for a bit of streets of rage every now and then. the xbox is a good console but the PC eats it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X