Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by diluted_doug
    Would it even be worth buying a new console (specifically the xbox) with the new ones coming out .. what next year? or even soon... ? Me personally i have been thinking about it because i just happen to have the money.
    Last I heard was 2006, so it's still a long time! And I don't settle for a new one until Starcraft Ghost comes out, when that was announced I just HAD to get one!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started on the Atari 2600

I remember playing the amiga a little while after getting a megadrive.....the amiga was a pretty sweet system....had so many classic games such as Speedball 2, Shadow of the Beast, James Pond, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Alien Breed, Flashback, Chaos Engine.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [DOA]meshed

BTW: AMIGA WAS TEH GREATEST CONSOLE EVAR!!!111
    :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    nope i started with the sega megadrive/genisis

i wasn't serius... i'm just a die hard pc fanatic and to maintain that image i have to do this stuff

i enjoy some console games but most of em are shallow no stroy stuff...
    :up:

I started with mah Megadrive aswell. :up:
    Sonic The Hedgehog 1 was the first for me.

Yeah I agree with your post, same applies to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would it even be worth buying a new console (specifically the xbox) with the new ones coming out .. what next year? or even soon... ? Me personally i have been thinking about it because i just happen to have the money.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah! Good to see some sence talk about console gaming...!

When it comes to the cube beeing for kids... man, I could go on for hours... but I wont. I will just state that it sems to me that the the cube actually has the most mature adience! I mean, all you guys saying good stuff about it seems rather grown up... and also, as I sayd earlyer, I playd alot of cube around xmas times... and I'm 21... my frieds are from 20-23, and when we hang out at this one guy, who has it ALL when it comes to consoles , we ended up playing gc all night... Mario Kart mostly, but also alot of Mario Party!

...and @ TH2 and FB: Shhh...! I just entered mangor mines south! Darn, this game is really chanlenging to times! And the bosses... two thumbs up! :up: :up:

(mmm smells taco downstairs... later!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThorsHammer2
    Hey thanks for the offer of help but im not lost..yet Just stuck having a hard time with all the different Pirates. I get a little further each time before I die but I still havent gotten to my second save point after the first save room at the (the guy that comes out of the big glass container )after the turning tower puzzle but after that two more Pirates attack and Im already down on health. If you could tell me how to defeat each pirate with one shot that would be great but I doubt it can be done. :cry:
    My favourite boss was the big stone boss.That fight was fun. I found a little notch along the wall and hid in there while he tried his roll attack so that saved alot of health. :up:
    Yeah I found that point too, but I failed to get into Morph Ball mode quick enough a lot of times, so it crushed me. Speedball helped too btw!

I could tell you where the next save point is, but it'd be a spoiler! You get fun stuff now btw. I find the yellow pirates the hardest, especially since an attack of me don't really stop them .... the purple ones get some kinda of a stun when you hit them, and the white ones freeze, but that don't count for those suckers!.

I now also write down where what sort of thing is, I mean, you get all sorts of new items and can use them in new areas, but also in older areas where you haven't gotten further. I got a good memory sometimes, but I don't always recall stuff I've seen two weeks before.

The Golem (stone guy) was fun indeed, I found the big plant a cool looking Boss! I also got a Gameboy Player, so Metroid: Fusion is next !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mohlraax
    The art of fps (online is speacial) is full keyboard controll, and razorsharp mouse aiming! There is no way consoles could recreate that!
    I play UT on my ps2 with a usb keyboard and mouse all the time. I perfer pc, but there are plenty of great games for consoles out there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i do agree that the PC is better than the console as a useful piece of equipment, but i also agree with the fact that you cant really compare the too. i.e. Car vs Motorbike. They were both designed with VERY different purposes in mind, so therefore you cannot benchmark the two against each other.

The main reason i asked about Console Vs PC in the 1st place was becus i was gettin sick of Microsoft sw00ping in with their big bag of money and securing titles for the Xbox, that were exlcusive to the Xbox, and all the Die Hard fans of such games that played on the PC have to wait becus we dont own an Xbox. Personally i dont think this shud be legal, but i doubt there is much argument against it, apart from the fact that we have to wait.

On a different note, take NFSU. Great game. Console Game. Converted for the PC. I remember when games had to be converted the other way round. Oh well, the beat goes on :weird:

BTW: AMIGA WAS TEH GREATEST CONSOLE EVAR!!!111

anyone remember Dizzy MagicLand? Chaos Engine? omg omg CANNON FODDER! what a game Cool Spot? Lotus Espirit Turbo Challenge!?

ah man, they dont make games like that any more :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i luve teh pc
    but X box is teh shiz nit
    but when i saw that Big a$s controler
    i ran to teh hills

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Farting Bob
    @TH2: I'm in the Phazon Mines too! If you need help, just give me a shout! I'm in there, but not (yet) stuck! I'm glad it's getting harder, those pirates can be nasty with a few in a room!

What's you favorite Boss so far? Mine remains Flaagrah so far, but the hardest one was that big golem. I just didn't time good enough when he got into ball form!

Hey thanks for the offer of help but im not lost..yet Just stuck having a hard time with all the different Pirates. I get a little further each time before I die but I still havent gotten to my second save point after the first save room at the (the guy that comes out of the big glass container )after the turning tower puzzle but after that two more Pirates attack and Im already down on health. If you could tell me how to defeat each pirate with one shot that would be great but I doubt it can be done. :cry:
    My favourite boss was the big stone boss.That fight was fun. I found a little notch along the wall and hid in there while he tried his roll attack so that saved alot of health. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Powerslave666
    I don't know why you hate consoles so much. I see a reason for hating the xbox but not consoles in general, consoles pretty much started gaming. I'm sure you would agree that most of us here got started either on the atari or the original nintendo.
    nope i started with the sega megadrive/genisis

i wasn't serius... i'm just a die hard pc fanatic and to maintain that image i have to do this stuff

i enjoy some console games but most of em are shallow no stroy stuff...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Powerslave666
    I don't know why you hate consoles so much. I see a reason for hating the xbox but not consoles in general, consoles pretty much started gaming. I'm sure you would agree that most of us here got started either on the atari or the original nintendo.
    He is right though about one aspect .... NFSU sux one the consoles. EA can't get it though their thick heads to work on optimising a game. No version is framerate problemless, even the socalled 'hardware giant' Xbox. Too bad.

I played the demo on PC, and it played well. Sure you need a good PC to get all details, although, on console you can never turn OFF any details. That is one other good thing about PC games. But on my monitor everything was also sharper than on Xbox (I bought that one, but returned it) .... hard to see the turns coming etc. .... But I hear Project Gotham 2 is great though.

EA messes up a lot, sure Ubisoft is a mass production company too, but they make less errors, mostly only on PC .... their patches suck! But I've seen a few EA driving games on console, haven't seen on that shines yet. They can't get it right and just ignore to make a better engine, because of their annual releases of some games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    you support terrorism if you buy an Xbox...

PC > * > Console

NFSU is better on the PC than on the gheibox gheicube or gheistation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TH2: I'm in the Phazon Mines too! If you need help, just give me a shout! I'm in there, but not (yet) stuck! I'm glad it's getting harder, those pirates can be nasty with a few in a room!

What's you favorite Boss so far? Mine remains Flaagrah so far, but the hardest one was that big golem. I just didn't time good enough when he got into ball form!

I admit I haven't bought a lot of PC games lately, but quality >> quantity for me. Bought Myst: Uru, I love the Myst series! First game to be released now is Rainbow Six: Athena's Sword!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X