New DDOM server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DDOM server!

The San Jose 5v5 TDM server will now be DDOM during weekdays and TDM during the weekends. Except for this weekend, it'll be DDOM during this weekend. The server is located in northern California. The IP is 65.39.251.37:8888 and the settings are:

15 minute time limit
    Goal score of 6
    FF 20% (still thinking about what to set this to)
    Weapon stay on
    TTM 2.3
    AntiTCC
    Normal Weapons, grav, etc

Maps are (for now):

Core
    Outrigger
    Suntemple
    Scorched Earth
    Seppuku Gorge

I will upload MayanRuins and Extortion][ later. Please post any suggestions on the settings/maps. Thank you.

I guess no one likes DDOM anymore.

Comment

there are many who like it but i guess most of them play in europe. usa westcoast - europe ping>200ms

Comment

no one plays ddom.

Comment

Originally posted by hi!
          no one plays ddom.
          That's mostly because there aren't enough servers for it, and most people never even give it a chance.

Comment

I play DDOM. :up:

But I'm in Europe, so that's not a lot of use to you guys.... :down:

Sorry.

There are about three or four pub servers I ping well that are regularly busy. It ain't much, but it's just enough most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hi!
              no one plays ddom.
              Wrong. We do play and have great fun :up:

About the server: Configs look good. I wonder how is ddom with ff, because it's usually played with ff off.

Comment

About the server: Configs look good. I wonder how is ddom with ff, because it's usually played with ff off.
                I have played once on a ff DDOM server that was really strange. After a few seconds I always forgot that ff was turned on because I am used to that it is turned off .

Good luck with your server Powerslave.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuky
                  Wrong. We do play and have great fun :up: ....
                  You're just saying that because you always beat me. :sour:

The FF issue is a bit of a poser, actually. In large DDOM matches there can be a LOT of friendly fire flying around - it'll change the complexion of the game quite a bit if it's set high. But then, that's probably the point.... <slaps self round face>

Comment

TBH, DDOM has gone past its lowest. If anything, I've seen an increase in DDOM servers .

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                      That's mostly because there aren't enough servers for it, and most people never even give it a chance.
                      Thats so entirely true, especially the last part, i was almost one of those people!! (shock, horror)

The first time i played DDOM (offline) i thought it was useless, however, for some unknown reason i decided to give it a go online and as some of you know i am now quite a fan of the gametype. :up:

Anyway, good luck with the server, hope people actually play on it. I might give it a go even though im in europe if only just to see what DDOM plays like with FF on

EDIT: i ping 190 to the server and drop the odd packet.

Comment

I just want to point out there&#180;s a newer AntiTCC version V1.10. http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys. I've actually turned FF off now, I guess I was corrupted by TDM . The server didn't get much traffic yesterday but I hope that changes soon, we've been having some problems with our host that I hope will be solved promptly.

Comment

I play DDOM almost exclusively whenever I get a free chance to play.

The operative part of that sentence being "When I get a free chance to play."

Comment

Working...
                            X