anybody water cool their system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody water cool their system?

I am thinking of doing some overclocking of both CPU and graphics card (UT2003 fps are not so good or at least could be better), but I realize I'll need better cooling. I have never used water cooling or even seen it used. Has anyone ever tried water cooling or know anything about it? Is it too expensive or dangerous?

just don't spill the water :up:

Comment

Yup, its fine provided you know what your doing.

I wouldnt use it in this case though, because the money its going to cost you to invest in the watercooling would be best spent on better hardware for your system. The watercooling + overclocking would give much less FPS, than selling yoru old gear and putting the cash towards new end stuff.

In most cases the overclocking gain from watercooling isnt huge - its designed for people who want every last mhz from there computer, mainly for bragging rights and to say they can do it (myself included here).

The difference in overclock on my xp2400 on water vs air, was around 30mhz.
      Which probably isnt even 1fps more in UT2003, as it'll be limited by my Geforce 4 before the CPU.
      Air coolers are pretty good today, and you'll come very close to the chips limit due to it not being able to handle it, than it being stoped by heat.

Comment

I agree. Spend the money on a hardware upgrade rather then water cooling.

Comment

I watercool my CPU, Graphics card and Northbridge

Comment

My GPU and CPU have a WaterChill attached. No need to cool the NB, as my CPU wouldn't be able to hit high enough to justify such a purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
              I agree. Spend the money on a hardware upgrade rather then water cooling.
              yes

Comment

Watercooling is "scary", but I'm usually paranoid, so get enlightened about the subject, and just do it, if you want, because I don't often hear about problems with it.
                For me personally it's just not worth it.
                I don't overclock anything, and even if I did, I don't think the few extra FPS are worth it.
                It's all personal though.

Comment

Re: anybody water cool their system?

Originally posted by tagum_&_bagum
                  I am thinking of doing some overclocking of both CPU and graphics card (UT2003 fps are not so good or at least could be better), but I realize I'll need better cooling. I have never used water cooling or even seen it used. Has anyone ever tried water cooling or know anything about it? Is it too expensive or dangerous?
                  It's not dangerous at all as long as you know what you're doing and are prepared to spend some money. Don't try to do it on the cheap. I was thinking about it too, but decided against it for now. Only the most hardcore of overclockers REALLY justify it.

Read this and tell me what you think.

http://www.fastsilicon.com/showarticle.php?a=2&p=1

Comment

watercooling....

you don't need watercooling. I overclocked my cpu from 1750 to 2250mhz on air. i also overclock my graphics card a good 15%.

all you need is a good large case with lots of cirulating air and you'll be fine.

Comment

Re: watercooling....

Originally posted by Multani
                      you don't need watercooling. I overclocked my cpu from 1750 to 2250mhz on air. i also overclock my graphics card a good 15%.

all you need is a good large case with lots of cirulating air and you'll be fine.
                      That's like saying "You don't need a turbo in your car because I don't think you should have one." A well-configured H2o system can keep a CPU, NB, GPU and HD(s) cooler than the best forced-air system and has the benefit of being quieter. Whether he wants to go through the learning curve and expense is another matter.

Comment

Here ya go
                        http://www.swiftnets.com/products/3d...00_04_256k.wmv

I have a freind that has a 9800pro Swiftech Liquid and a Prometia Mach II freon unit on a 3.0c p4

Comment

how do u over clock your cpu
                          but i heard that if u do that ur whatever gets verry hot and can blow up

Comment

Originally posted by -=KilL-Ha-Ic3=-
                            how do u over clock your cpu
                            but i heard that if u do that ur whatever gets verry hot and can blow up
                            here is a guide for overclocking:up:

Comment

thank you kind sir :up:

but the guy who typed all that was he drunk at the time ? :bulb:

wait a min..it all bullsh!t..

Comment

Working...
                              X