How to record and play demo (UT2004)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to record and play demo (UT2004)?

Is it possible to record and/or play a demo on UT2004? If yes-how?

When playing a game, open the console (normally the ' key) and type:

demorec demoname

Replace demoname with whatever you wish, you can't have spaces in it though.

To play back a demo, go to community from the main screen & select the demos tab: a list of demos will show up - select one & hit watch

Comment

you can play back a demo at anytime by typing demoplay demoname, using the demo browser isn't necessary if you know the name.

Comment

OK, I got it. It works fine, but now a new problem has emerged.

Namely, sometimes while I'm recording a demo, the game crashes abruptly, sometimes displaying an error message. It records, however, everything before the crash, which is good. The longest time recorded thus far is about 20 minutes( Invasion in IronDeity).

Any idea what is causing these crashes, and what the remedy is?

Comment

Hard to say, but it happens to just about everyone. Best thing you can do is take note of what the circumstances are when it crashes, (installed mutators/mods) what map it is, where you were when the crash happened, and try to look for patterns and avoid the situation if possible. They may be completely random, I haven't looked into it thoroughly..

Comment

ive used this, but how do you make a demo playbackable, like how do you stop recording without the file being corrupted. i tried just forfeiting a match then i couldnt play it back..however my system crashed after about 7 minutes of play as mentioned above and it recorded fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
              ive used this, but how do you make a demo playbackable, like how do you stop recording without the file being corrupted. i tried just forfeiting a match then i couldnt play it back..however my system crashed after about 7 minutes of play as mentioned above and it recorded fine...
              Personally, I had no problems w/ corrupted files that won't play back. To stop recording at any time i did what i saw in th FAQs, type "stopdemo" in the console. I assume you've patched it up and everything?

A few notes:

1.It never crashed while I was recording during a single player campaign.Could be just that the matches were not long enough.
              2.I have about 190 MB large demo that I recorded playing Onslaught in Dria(masterful).It recorded the entire match without crashing, w/ 3 extra times. Onslaught could be imune to crashes, however try not to do the same mistake as I did. I tried fast forwarding it x4 to see my favorite part, and it froze my computer. It looks that I fck it up permanently 'cause now it grew a habit of freezeing no matter what I do w/ it.

Comment

ok lol i didnt know what to type into the console to finish recording

Comment

Working...
                X