RE-installed, ole reliable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE-installed, ole reliable..

I dug up UT2004 out the cellar for a few old school frags.

after 2 yrs. i must say its still fun,even if i lost most my skillz...

Yep, although a very flawed game, still fun to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
      Yep, although a very flawed game, still fun to this day.
      Why do you say it's flawed?

Comment

He does have a point, there are several things players regularly complain about, like visibility of certain models/skins, or some bug exploits used to break things.

But overall it's a nice game and there are plenty of mods and maps to play.

Comment

UTComp fixed most of those things, so the only things left that's wrong with the game are all those complainers.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, da ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
              UTComp fixed most of those things, so the only things left that's wrong with the game are all those complainers.
              UTComp neither fixed nor saved the game. It really just filled the gap that was missing for competetive play. The primary problem of 2k4, is that the higher level of gameplay becomes too shock primary heavy, and that the base netcode of the game was design for low ping to lan settings, and newnet is not close to ideal either. This is partially what UT3 will hopefully fix.

Read an interview with no.1 dm'er Lauke sometime, or talk to Stryfe, and you will see this is not just people 'complaining'.

Comment

Irrespective of people who think they are l33t and / or condemn the game, it is still a fantastic game. I too got it off the shelf again this weekend after almost a year and glad that I can now play lag free on "Holy ****" settings

To me the game feels and plays like its brand new. Even by todays standards the graphics are stunning.

Comment

Working...
                X