No announcement yet.

OT: Far Cry Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I think about Far Cry is that it'll look wonderful but the gameplay will not offer anything we haven't already seen a thousand times before. I'm afraid that it'll be just another regular shooter with not-at-all-regular graphics.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R., on the other hand, looks both fantastic and scary. I'm sure it'll be something never before seen on a PC. While some people expressed their worries about what the gameplay will be and basically consider S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to be just a tech-demo for the X-Ray engine, I believe the guys at GSC-Gameworld know what they are doing and in the end the gameplay will be as great as the technical side of thing.

Oh, and I'd love to see those four new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vids but the only FTP I know of that hosts them is full all the time. I guess I'll have to be patient...

Comment

in my opinion, the only two games that are madly anticipated that will be able to meet their expectations are Half Life 2, and Halo 2. far cry, stalker, doom 3 all 3 will have insane graphics, but offering nothing new. unreal 2 anyone?
      I know i'm gonna like all of them though, just by the type of weapons they have and the amazing sound.

and for unknown reasons i'll post these new hl2 screens.

Comment

Originally posted by AntB

Top shooter/action games ,at least graphically, for 2004 are: Half-Life2, STALKER, DOOM3, FAR CRY and probably a few others like Duke Nukem Forever etc....
        even though no one cares, but i thought they had made an announcement saying DNF would not make it on 04. although i think we will have a half life 9 and doom 6 before DNF even goes into alpha or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial17
          in my opinion, the only two games that are madly anticipated that will be able to meet their expectations are Half Life 2, and Halo 2. far cry, stalker, doom 3 all 3 will have insane graphics, but offering nothing new. unreal 2 anyone?
          I know i'm gonna like all of them though, just by the type of weapons they have and the amazing sound.

and for unknown reasons i'll post these new hl2 screens.
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...pic_114938.jpg
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...pic_114939.jpg
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...pic_114940.jpg
          And what do you think HL2 will feature that HL1 didn't ? (in terms of general aspects of the theme and the gameplay)

Comment

I Think Joint ops looks great as well!

Soldner and bf: Vietnam both are not top of the heap graphic wise, but will offer some fun online play, esp Soldner! with destructable buildings, skydiving, custom clan tags on uniforms and vehicles, and custom camo for player models.

Comment

Who are they trying to impress with that video? :P Great, they have elite physics that let them blow barrels up with missiles and the docks that the missiles hit wont even be scathed :P Though crashing jeeps into helicopters is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial17
                far cry, stalker, doom 3 all 3 will have insane graphics, but offering nothing new. unreal 2 anyone?
                S.T.A.L.K.E.R. offering nothing new? have you read the game description? 30sq/km of open russian territory in and around the decaying chernobyl nuclear plant... chasing down mutants, aiding in scientific research, dodging the military patrols, avoiding deadly anomalies and radioactive areas. having to eat, sleep, provide fuel for your car... having dreams when you sleep. etc etc...

stalker is going to be very RPG-like in the FUN ways... not in the typical "you have leveled up and you can now run faster" aspect.

if any game is taking a chance its stalker. completely open and non-linear... whee.

as im currently hooked on morrowind... stalker will probably ruin my life.

Comment

far cry, stalker, doom 3 all 3 will have insane graphics, but offering nothing new.
                  I would encourage you to really read the stalker website. I used to think like you do, but hadn't looked very deeply into what the game is actually offering.
                  Just a few minutes reading the gameplay information will show you that stalker is offering much, much more new than any other big-name FPS (assuming they deliver on what their promising).

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven
                    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. offering nothing new? have you read the game description? 30sq/km of open russian territory in and around the decaying chernobyl nuclear plant... chasing down mutants, aiding in scientific research, dodging the military patrols, avoiding deadly anomalies and radioactive areas. having to eat, sleep, provide fuel for your car... having dreams when you sleep. etc etc...

stalker is going to be very RPG-like in the FUN ways... not in the typical "you have leveled up and you can now run faster" aspect.

if any game is taking a chance its stalker. completely open and non-linear... whee.

as im currently hooked on morrowind... stalker will probably ruin my life.
                    I gotta GET that game, i read the info... soo good. 7 games in one year. :P

Comment

totaly ownage the only thing i didn't like was the character animations

(he looked stiffer than a log when reloading and inside the vehicle he sat upright and didn't move when driving up huge bumps

(and in the raft @ the jump he still dont react)

even pos games like halo got that feature

Comment

here is a russian site with a TON of screens and downloads from STALKER

http://purga.ru/index.php?contentid=5143

the first 4 are the flybys

i think the 5th is probably the day/night cycle video.

lots of others too

Comment

STALKER looks sweet.
                          It should be multiplayer though...

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                            STALKER looks sweet.
                            It will feature MP but it's primarily designed as a single player game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                              STALKER looks sweet.
                              online coop/dm/ctf and some other stuff... probably humans vs mutant gametypes...

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven
                                online coop/dm/ctf and some other stuff... probably humans vs mutant gametypes...
                                Sounds like invasion in huge, huge map

Comment

Working...
                                X