OT: Far Cry Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Far Cry Trailer!

This is my most anticipated FPS for 2004.

http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/ind...angesite=flash

Doom III what??

Half-Life who??

Man that looks awsome killroy-X. I can't hold out much longer..........need FAR CRY. Painkiller looks sweet as well.:up:

Comment

According to their site, the beta sign-up closes on Thursday Dec 18th...

... not that I could actually find where the sign-up was.

Anyone ?!

[edit]

There is a clickable image in the top left corner of the main page.

Duhhhh....

[/edit]

Comment

Yes that Trailer Rocked! But...

Where DID My Post Go About The Editor!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Looks nice

Physics and all

The only thing that grates against my *****, like a cheese-grater, is the explosions on the wooden pier at the end :bulb:

None to realistic, just doesn't seem to fit right.

Comment

I got the impression that a lot of those scenes are fairly heavily scripted...

... that is, the mapper has to deliberately set up anything that is destructable.

Looks good. I suspect that it isn't quite as good as it looks. Advertising is like that.

Comment

the tech is impressive... but the art is too cartoony IMO.

looks like mario sunshine with guns... though the gameplay itself looks fairly interesting.

but in terms of enviornments... if you like far cry... check out S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

stalker is still a ways off... probably 6 months more than far cry. but the sense of dread they have in their enviornments has already sold a copy as far as im concerned.

there are also 4 new flyby videos ranging from 50 to 114 MB floating around. amazing stuff. its more along the lines of morrowind with guns

Comment

check out the day/night cycle video

http://oblivion-lost.xu2.net/en/inde...hp&zone=Movies

you have to register. its quick and gives you access to a ton of stuff.

awesome video

Comment

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Linkage!

Please?

Comment

looks awsome.... I hope it's good.... cuz you never know anymore....

Comment

ermm.... um...

err....

WW!

Comment

www.stalker-game.com

theres a lot you're missing about the game if you havent read EVERYTHING on there.

lots of interesting combat situations. human vs mutant in an extremely hazardous enviornment.

Comment

I have the http://www.stalker-game.com site open in another window...

... the music/storm sounds sure are creepy. Nice mood.

The language of the site sure makes me smile... though it does work. Obviously english isn't the writers first language, but it comes off well... it reads in my head like a hollywood soviet accident in some spy movie.

Comment

heh. yeah. some parts of the site are ancient and pre-THQ. i'm sure any new content added will probably have better translation.

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven
                              the tech is impressive... but the art is too cartoony IMO.

looks like mario sunshine with guns... though the gameplay itself looks fairly interesting.

but in terms of enviornments... if you like far cry... check out S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

stalker is still a ways off... probably 6 months more than far cry. but the sense of dread they have in their enviornments has already sold a copy as far as im concerned.

there are also 4 new flyby videos ranging from 50 to 114 MB floating around. amazing stuff. its more along the lines of morrowind with guns

I think you are confusing Far Cry with UT2003, which is most definitely donkey kong with Guns .
                              Far Cry looks colorful not cartoony. Their Characters look a bit plastic though, with all that bump mapping .

STALKER looks great and they have improved the look of the game over the last year or so.

Top shooter/action games ,at least graphically, for 2004 are: Half-Life2, STALKER, DOOM3, FAR CRY and probably a few others like Duke Nukem Forever etc.... None of these games look cartoony in terms of immersiveness and believability, and that kind of thing extends beyond the obvious graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X