Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is going on with my UT??!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What the hell is going on with my UT??!?

    Ok, this is going to be really hard to explain... umm in fact, a demo would do the best explaining. Basically, all of a sudden one day all onslaught servers became very fuxx0red up when I play on them ... watch the demo and see what I mean. Pakcetloss is reported as zero, speed tests are golden, pings are very low and my modem upstream and downstream power levels are almost perfect.

    I cant even explain the problems, there are so many and its driving me nuts, just watch the demo. All ONS servers have this problem and DM servers have similar problems.

    This literally just started happening out of the blue one day, and has been like it ever since. I tried clearing my cache and everything but nothing is working. I did not change ANY system settings or change UT2004 in any way. It literally just started happening randomly. Anyway, enough rambling here is the demo:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?63z4jtbgyyc

    Take careful note of the powercore health display, and the player skins, and the vehicles, and the power core right before it is destroyed. Sh*t like this is happening to me on all onslaught servers now. Driving me NUTS.

    Also, what you dont see in the demo. My text messages do not show up. And neither does the ingame menu. When I hit escape, it comes up, but it is invisible. What the !@#$ is going on and how do I make it stop?

    #2
    wow, first just calm down... and just try a reinstall

    Comment


      #3
      Anybody????

      EDIT:
      Also this does NOT happen offline.

      Comment


        #4
        Try deleting your UT2004.ini and user.ini (back them up first) and then try to connect again. If it works you can copy over your important settings into the new files that are created.

        Comment


          #5
          Ok I tried that and it worked... so I searched in my user.ini and found my netspeed had been changed to 3000!!! And dynamic netspeed was not enabled. It was 10000 before. I put it back to 10000 and its fixed now.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by martinblank View Post
            Ok I tried that and it worked... so I searched in my user.ini and found my netspeed had been changed to 3000!!! And dynamic netspeed was not enabled. It was 10000 before. I put it back to 10000 and its fixed now.
            And this is one of the reasons why I keep my ini's read-only. :P

            Comment


              #7
              Glad you got it fixed martin

              Comment

              Working...
              X