Dodge jummping forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge jummping forward

Looking to see how some of you are executing this move in a continuous fashion--that is one right after the other without having to momentarily stop forward movement in order to double click the forward button to effect the dodge part of the dodge-jump. This is what usually dooms me in pursuit situations (mostly when I am being pursued with the flag or bomb but also sometimes when I am poorly armed and am just trying to pop someone like a ballon with a charged shield gun) since Inhuman or Godlike bots are quick to put distance between me or close the gap when chasing me. If I sort of turn sideways and dodge jump left or right I can gain ground forward and never stop running since I can always maintain my finger on the forward button but this tactic is not always possible due to narrow ledges, bad terrain, multiple pursuers, etc. How are you forward dodge jumping without losing momentum due to the necessity of taking your finger off the forward button if only for a split second? For the sake of your answer assume level terrain with plenty of maneovering room. Of course you can take a few steps before the next dodge jump but can it be done without actually stopping for a moment?

Uh.. I think you are doing it wrong.

Never, ever stop pressing Forward. Move at an angle around 45 degrees (no need to be exactly that, its just to give you an idea) and DODGE JUMP sideway in that direction. You land, repeat. All the time you don't need to stop pressing forward.

Thats the basic idea of it. You can gain a little more speed if you change the way you are facing while in the air and all that but you don't need to know all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF View Post
      Uh.. I think you are doing it wrong.

Never, ever stop pressing Forward. Move at an angle around 45 degrees (no need to be exactly that, its just to give you an idea) and DODGE JUMP sideway in that direction. You land, repeat. All the time you don't need to stop pressing forward.

Thats the basic idea of it. You can gain a little more speed if you change the way you are facing while in the air and all that but you don't need to know all that.
      Actually then I'm doing it right--just as you described. But again this is not always possible that way and I thought perhaps someone had a different approach even if it meant scripting. It's also somewhat difficult to be precise in your chosen routes when you dodge sideways. Try to run down an Inhuman or godlike bot when all you have are Assault Guns and Shield Guns like the ElteArena map I recently downloaded.

Comment

I do forward dodges the same as sideways dodges... For sideways, I keep pressing forward and double click left or right. For forward dodges, I keep pressing left or right and double click forward. Backwards... same story. I never stand still.

Comment

Originally posted by jehjoa View Post
          I do forward dodges the same as sideways dodges... For sideways, I keep pressing forward and double click left or right. For forward dodges, I keep pressing left or right and double click forward. Backwards... same story. I never stand still.

Does your forward dodge method work okay on narrow ledges or when directly behind someone (especially a bot)? I would think that course correction would be constantly required and might be just enough to prevent you from catching a player near his goal if you say had only a Shield Gun or even an Assault Rifle since grenade launcing might be somewhat difficult. But I'll give it a go and see if it helps...

Comment

Working...
          X