Shock combo ammo usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock combo ammo usage

Am I blind? I'll admit that I'm so bad at shock combo's that I rarely use them, but I've been playing since UT99 so I assume I would have noticed before now...

Has shooting a shock core to trigger a shock combo always cost 4 ammo units?

I swear it didn't... But I have never noticed before.

Always been like that. Total cost for a shock combo is 5 units of ammo (not counting misses ).

Comment

In the 2k series they added the extra ammo penalty for a combo which was kinda stupid imho.

Comment

imo, just use em sparingly, not spamming them around every corner in the hopes of blindingly hitting something.

I guess Epic had this in mind when they added +1 to combo cost.

Comment

How is that stupid? 5 shots can do 225 damage. A single combo can deliver around 150 to one person, and even higher to multiple people, and it does so much faster. I think 5 ammo for all that is quite fair.

And the penalty was always there, even back in Unreal 1 it took 4 ammo to do a combo... now is it really that big of a deal to have it take ONE more ammo?...

Comment

Some trivia, combos max out at 200 max damage. But that's splash damage, the victim would have to be RIGHT next to the core before it went off ... or inside it (which is possible by falling through your own cores).

Comment

If you have only 2 units in your weapon, in this case you will make a combo too ! only 2 units but in general need 5 units.

Comment

I still cannot believe I only just noticed...

UT99 was the FPS that I learned to play FPS's on!

But then I suppose, since I'm so bad at hitting the shock core...

Comment

Working...
                X