Can't join any server named "UT2004 Server"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't join any server named "UT2004 Server"

Seriously WTF. Every single servers named "UT2004 Server", I can't join any of them. Same thing if I create my own server (not dedicated). I fowarded every port of UT in my router, I enabled the NAT string in the UT2004.ini and still, people can see my server but can't join it. No wonder why UT2004 died so quick. If people can't even create their own server and have people join it, no way they can play and enjoy the game.

Also if someone create it's own server, you can check the box to enable voting but it will keep resetting to disabled and will never work. Talk about BS.

Hey, why don't you just post this in the Unreal Tournament 2004 section.

Comment

My server is working fine. You have your ports open?

Comment

UT2004 isn't dead and you are just doing it wrong.

Who the hell would want to join any servers named "UT2004 Server" anyway? Those are the ones made by idiots who click the "Listen" button and can't configure it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTesteur View Post
          Seriously WTF. Every single servers named "UT2004 Server", I can't join any of them. Same thing if I create my own server (not dedicated). I fowarded every port of UT in my router, I enabled the NAT string in the UT2004.ini and still, people can see my server but can't join it. No wonder why UT2004 died so quick. If people can't even create their own server and have people join it, no way they can play and enjoy the game.

Also if someone create it's own server, you can check the box to enable voting but it will keep resetting to disabled and will never work. Talk about BS.
          Learn how to set up a server before you make such a pronounce. I had also very big issues when I started my servers (I was and I'm noob) but here in epic is there many nice helpfull people. Check out Server Administration section if you want help with your server. check this to: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Category:UT2004

Comment

Originally posted by sueco View Post
            Check out Server Administration section if you want help with your server. check this to: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Category:UT2004
            I already went there. Most exactly in this section HERE and fowarded every port shown there and enabled the NAT string (set to True) in my .ini file but it didn't help. I just don't know why it's so hard for UT2004. No one wants to read 20 pages of manual just to set up a server that people will be able to join.

In every other games I have, I can easily foward my port and have people join. It's just in UT2004 that I never been able for some reasons.

I hope UT3 will have more advanced technologies and won't require that much steps and editing to work.

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
            Who the hell would want to join any servers named "UT2004 Server" anyway? Those are the ones made by idiots who click the "Listen" button and can't configure it correctly.
            I know but when you are sick of playing in Ranking because 90% servers that are working and/or have a ping under 100 are all demo servers... you don't care to play noobs in a diffrent server since you get to play diffrent maps.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTesteur View Post
              I hope UT3 will have more advanced technologies and won't require that much steps and editing to work.
              I hope the opposite. The more listen servers, the more people are spread over them. And listen-servers = bad, mmmkay?

I suggest getting the console version (XBox). YOu will find mainly listen-servers there with the ususal host-advantage and other stuff that comes a long with it.

Comment

lol fuegerstef wins.

Comment

Try disabling your routers firewall and see if that works.

If you're worried about security, you should create a "limited" user in windows XP, and use it to play games.
                  But you will have to login to your main user to install software.

I login to my main user account to install and update programs, then I login to my limited user to browse the web and play games.

But try completely disabling the router firewall to see if that works.
                  If it does, then you just have to figure out how to configure the router ports to work specifically with UT2004.

Comment

Gotta disagree with frug..

If you are going to take the sucess of UT and apply it to another game, you have to realize that it isnt one thing that has kept it going.

You cant nail down the UT series to one idea of game play. There is Epic, then there are mods. If you look at the UT servers, the mods have it. Its running today because there is such a large split.

The only thing I can say from here is that if there are a large amount of different servers running and yours is empty, you are doing something wrong. what has kept UT running is the choice of all of this great content, and the fact that most people with PCs can run it.

IMO, what started killing this game was the attempt to make it a structured mod game ala UT Comp.
                    Worst thing that ever happend to a game, only shadowed by the AASA and Punkbuster..

Comment

Originally posted by DX-GAME View Post
                      Gotta disagree with frug..

If you are going to take the sucess of UT and apply it to another game, you have to realize that it isnt one thing that has kept it going.

You cant nail down the UT series to one idea of game play. There is Epic, then there are mods. If you look at the UT servers, the mods have it. Its running today because there is such a large split.

The only thing I can say from here is that if there are a large amount of different servers running and yours is empty, you are doing something wrong. what has kept UT running is the choice of all of this great content, and the fact that most people with PCs can run it.

IMO, what started killing this game was the attempt to make it a structured mod game ala UT Comp.
                      Worst thing that ever happend to a game, only shadowed by the AASA and Punkbuster..
                      I was only talking about listen servers. I meant: keep the variety, but keep it to dedicated servers.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                        I was only talking about listen servers. I meant: keep the variety, but keep it to dedicated servers.
                        Bah I'm not sure that you'll want to buy a server or a 300$ computer just to host a dedicated server so you can play from time to time with your friends rather than just create a listened server when needed. Also even when it works, the checkbox for "Enable Voting" NEVER works. I've tryed with 3 friends, each setting up their servers... so it's like wtf?

Comment

Same goes for voice-chat - guy hosting the server can't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                            Same goes for voice-chat - guy hosting the server can't use it.
                            I know frug.
                            I just went a bit farther, lol.

Listen servers are fine, the add quick starts for a few friends to play on without ever having to deal with the public. Should there be a filter for dedicated? Sure. Listen servers do not usually have the performance of dedicated.

However, I hope you guys arent talking about commercial only dedicated servers. If thats the case, forget it. Ive paid for servers for two different games so far. Not waisting that $100 a month again.

Dedicated and play servers are just fine. Ingame voice chat is usless.

Comment

Originally posted by DX-GAME View Post
                              Ingame voice chat is usless.
                              Hehe, yeah most of the time in games that support it, it just end up being very annoying, mostly when there is a smacktard that won't stfu or some immature kids screaming and so on. I guess you already found out that I was talking about Counter-Strike.

Good teamplay on a public server is rare and even more with voicechat so it's not like if I would miss that feature... and people who just want to hear their friends or clanmate will use a real voice chat programm like Ventrillo or TS.

Comment

Working...
                              X