Do bots cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daydreamdirty View Post
    if you guys can, check up on the link I sent you. It turns out that it's a flack and an assault rifle. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that happening before?
    Link doesn't work for me. That links me to a "Post Topic" page.

Comment

hmmm
      I'll fix that later. Thanks. Gotta go to get ready for guard duty now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoë(Co30) View Post
        Link doesn't work for me. That links me to a "Post Topic" page.
        Just press Screenshot. The link is to make a new post in his topic.

We didn't need BMP for that though. And I wonder what is the 2nd pic for.

Comment

As for invisible, you can also see invisible players, at least I can most of the time, there is kind of a distortion there.

Also the animations don't always sync up with the current reality of the game, so the bots (and you too) can shoot out of your backside at times, well, that is my interpretation of some of the oddities being mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by nfleming View Post
            As for invisible, you can also see invisible players, at least I can most of the time, there is kind of a distortion there.
            The problem here is that visibility of the invisible player depends on the graphic settings, rendering mode (DX/OGl) and video hardware of the player.

Comment

I usually play SP games with at least 8 players on each team, me and 15 bots.
              I also usually order my team bots to cover my ***. :P
              But maybe it's just me, but the enemy bots usually target me.

Or i play SP with me alone against 15 bots, but I enable GOD mode. :P
              But i mainly do this to watch their behavior patterns so I can anticipate their moves.
              I let tham all come near me, then i aim a nuke at the ground. :P

Comment

Bots are aloud to dodge with no delay inbetween(impossible without a mutator for a human).
                Bots can shield jump without taking damage.
                Bots can shoot 2 charged rockets and have them fly in different directions.
                Bots know where you are all the time.
                Bots cant shoot gernades, when they do they hit the ceiling and never go straight.
                Bots never use and have never used goo secondary.
                Going invis on bots doesnt work but then again it doesnt work on the average human either.
                Bots are dumb regardless of there level.

If bots could think and were still able to do what they do now I'd consider them cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                  Bots can shield jump without taking damage.
                  They take damage, it's just they do shield jumps very rare - having a game since the day of release, I saw bots doing shield jumps only two or three times - all of them to take double damage on Deck17

Bots can shoot 2 charged rockets and have them fly in different directions.
                  That's called aim error - random error added to the bots shot direction to simulate misses. However Rocket launcher - the only weapon to shoot few big projectiles at once seems to have separate aim error calculation for each rocket resulting in rockets flying in different directions. On novice level of difficulty where aim error is bigger you can see bot shooting rockets in two directions with 90 degree angle between them.

Bots know where you are all the time.
                  yeah, they do, just like pro players who listen what enemy does. Also, even Godlike bots may ignore you if they're running towards some goal and you they 're facing away from you.

Bots cant shoot gernades, when they do they hit the ceiling and never go straight.
                  Bots never use and have never used goo secondary.
                  I guess it was not implemented properly - bots can't "hold" the alt-fire on these two.

Going invis on bots doesnt work but then again it doesnt work on the average human either.
                  Bot may ignore you if you don't attack him, but once you shot him, he'll be treating you like you're normally visible player, ignoring the distance between him and player. Also, visibility of an invisible player to another human player really depends on display settings, video card, etc. As for me - invisible players on the dark or bright white background (say skybox on CTF-FaceClassic) are completely invisible for me, especially when he/she is far away (50+ "meter" distance).

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                    They take damage, it's just they do shield jumps very rare - having a game since the day of release, I saw bots doing shield jumps only two or three times - all of them to take double damage on Deck17
                    Spectate them. They don't take damage.

yeah, they do, just like pro players who listen what enemy does. Also, even Godlike bots may ignore you if they're running towards some goal and you they 're facing away from you.
                    I wouldn't mind if only Godlike bots did. But they all do. And in big game you can't know where everyone is. I'd like a bot to actually not know where I am when I'm coming from behind them or from some weird spot, at least for a second or two.

Bot may ignore you if you don't attack him, but once you shot him, he'll be treating you like you're normally visible player, ignoring the distance between him and player.
                    WHere you got that? If I turn invisible and do not fire, the first bot to see me act like im not invisible. They are not affected a single bit about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X