Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know anyone in "RL" that is half as hardcore as you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
    Correction: you DO know them in real life. You just haven't seen them, that's all.
    Well, thanks for correcting me

May I suggest that you don't mix it with foruming either? I've seen cryptograms that were easier to read than your post.
    I also agree, alcohol and computing altogether are not the greatest things to combine. I suggest Halo 2 on Xbox-Live when drinking, then you can **** off a community that I really don't care about ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daimao View Post
      And it should be **** - hardcore gamers play their games on computers, not on consoles

misconceptions and false statements are fun, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by N6CreepyD View Post
        I agree. Hardcore gamers don't just play on PCs. The truly hardcore gamers play on everything. They have everything, from NES to PS3...they have it all (which would not include myself). One of my roommates for school next year has XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, and PS3. Gonna be awesome playing all those on a projector screen Has anyone else played Wii on projector (aka life size bowling, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by poltomb View Post
          I agree. Hardcore gamers don't just play on PCs. The truly hardcore gamers play on everything. They have everything, from NES to PS3...they have it all (which would not include myself). One of my roommates for school next year has XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, and PS3. Gonna be awesome playing all those on a projector screen Has anyone else played Wii on projector (aka life size bowling, lol)

No, but I do have an InFocus digital projector, and playing both my consoles and my pc with that is really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by poltomb View Post
            Has anyone else played Wii on projector (aka life size bowling, lol)
            No, but I played some REAL bowling with friends once. It was fun.

Probably because the graphics were so well-done.

Comment

My intention wasn't to bash consoles, but I don't really like consoles being high-end like PS3, as that might result in more developers making games targeted mainly at console players (wait, Bethesda already did this with Oblivion) and in lack of quality PC games (on the other hand, that might be a good excuse for me to get a life ). I prefer computers because of their versatility and upgradeability.

Comment

Originally posted by Daimao View Post
                My intention wasn't to bash consoles, but I don't really like consoles being high-end like PS3, as that might result in more developers making games targeted mainly at console players (wait, Bethesda already did this with Oblivion) and in lack of quality PC games (on the other hand, that might be a good excuse for me to get a life ). I prefer computers because of their versatility and upgradeability.

I wouldn't worry about that. the cost of making games has gone up so much that most games are multi-platform, pc included - and for the most part the different versions are well suited for each platform. and I have Oblivion for the pc, was there something wrong with it?

Comment

Speaking of real bowling, I believe that me and some friends are going bowling today.

Comment

How were the physics ?

Comment

I'm starting to believe it takes a certain personality to be a hardcore UT player.

Comment

and I have Oblivion for the pc, was there something wrong with it?
                        I would say but this isn't Oblivion board

You can PM me however - but I come here only 1-2 times a week so it may take some time for me to reply.

Comment

Aw, just find some people via the internet if you want to play hardcore UT gamers. I live in Ireland of all places and even I managed to find some. Granted nobody wants to play anything but deathmatch (probably nothing else is hardcore enough) but they still annihilate me every time.

This is where it's good to have a brother that got addicted to UT99 the same time you did! ;p

Comment

Working...
                          X