Finding a decent CTF clan?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a decent CTF clan?...

Well... I can really only play summers and breaks since I'm in school, but I'm pretty good... I can't play well with crappy ping (few can) but when I have a decent ping I can really pwn (In other words... I don't often miss because I'm aiming poorly...). I am not the MOST accurate guy, but I am quite accurate, can make or break a team, and can run a flag like with the best of them (running backwards, while shooting my enemies, etc.). Case in point: I'll usually be about the middle of the pack or towards the top in kills, but if our team got 4 flags, I often have a hat trick.

I've had a lot of random kids ask me to be in their "clans"... but it's basically just them wanting to start a clan, or a couple of kids that have no real online "presence".

Hope I don't come off as a braggart, I know i'm no pro gamer, but I'm a lot better than your average player and know a lot of the hardcore tricks, and actually function as a team player (I.E.. help the flag carrier instead of waiting in the enemy base for my teammate to die... or getting involved in stupid 1on1 battles instead of focusing on the goal). Being in a clan would be a lot of fun and hopefully the members would help me hone my skills.

I like Instagib CTF, Instagib low-grav CTF, and regular CTF. They're all fun in their own way.

I plan on upgrading to UT3 the moment it comes out, so it'd be good to be in one that plans to do the same. Tips? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

no serious team is going to want you unless you at least have Pick Up Game (PUG) experience.

Comment

It would be nice to know a general location of where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
        no serious team is going to want you unless you at least have Pick Up Game (PUG) experience.
        Could you elaborate a bit? I looked up PUG on UrbanDictionary.com but the definitions there... well... the people aren't very good with English apparently.
        Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
        It would be nice to know a general location of where you are.
        Tennessee, USA

Comment

To play in ctf PUGs go to #2k4ctf on the irc channel "EnterTheGame", then type .join, and once there are enough players captains will pick the teams. From there you will go to a server and play a couple games with those teams.

Make sure you have teamspeak2 and a microphone before you try to play in a pug though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
            To play in ctf PUGs go to #2k4ctf on the irc channel "EnterTheGame", then type .join, and once there are enough players captains will pick the teams. From there you will go to a server and play a couple games with those teams.

Make sure you have teamspeak2 and a microphone before you try to play in a pug though.
            Is this for your specific clan or do a lot of clans go there to find new members? Sounds like a hassle <_<' I do have a nice mic though and can easily config teamspeak, so this summer maybe I'll do that.

Comment

im not really in a ctf clan. And yes any serious ctf clan will have a couple members idling in #2k4ctf. If you are good than they will recognize it in PUGs and a team will pick you up.

Comment

Try the DarkAngels for InstaGib CTF. ut2004://128.241.236.209:7777

If you think you might be interested in Vehicle CTF, check out our servers (see my signature).

We both have and require teamspeak as someone else mentioned. You can find more information in our forums.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAvenger View Post
                  Try the DarkAngels for InstaGib CTF. ut2004://128.241.236.209:7777

If you think you might be interested in Vehicle CTF, check out our servers (see my signature).

We both have and require teamspeak as someone else mentioned. You can find more information in our forums.
                  I might check it out this summer, thanks : ). I noticed a lot of people are bilingual. French? From Quebec?

Comment

Hey. We are some people who have started Ut Independent Community, there we try to gather all UT people together just for this reason, to find eachother! It's a recently started community and we work for people and clans to know about eachother, where ever they are from. We have also started .needclan service with a database contain players and clans. right now can you only add you to the database through IRC, but we working on it for the webpage as well. Our sites is www.ut2004tournament.com and www.ut3tournament.com there we also have a forum there both clans and players can introduce them self. The needclan channels do you find in irc.globalgamerscenter.net #ut2k4.needclan #ut3.needclan and #ut99.needclan It's a fully working database and we are starting service in quakenet too. The database in quakenet is working sometimes this weeks, the channels are already created, irc.quakenet.org #ut2k4.needclan ut3.needclan and #ut99.needclan If you don't have any irc client installed for any reason, so do we have web irc in both our webpages, direct connected to our channels. We are an community who is running by some happy addicted Ut2k4 players who do this because we love the game and all stuff around it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
                      I might check it out this summer, thanks : ). I noticed a lot of people are bilingual. French? From Quebec?
                      Yes, the DarkAngels have several bilinqual Canadian French speaking members, and also a few members from Europe and America. They are fun to play with and talk to. And that's the name of the game ... having fun

Comment

Thanks sueco. I'll make note of that site.

DarkAvenger - That's what I'm all about man... I love it when people can royally own, but at the same time, don't get overly frustrated when they lose. It's about having fun.

At the same time, I like people who can work as a team. I'm not into "set roles" I don't think we need a "sniper" and a "flag capturer" and a "support"... While I prefer flag capping, I will swap to support when a teammate needs me, or snipe from home base for additional cover if I can't get there to help fast enough. If it's all I can do, sometimes I'll just jump inbetween the enemies and the flag carrier and take as many hits as I can before I die haha

How inclusive/exclusive is the clan, how skilled is the clan overall, and do you ever have clan matches?

Comment

Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
                          DarkAvenger - That's what I'm all about man... I love it when people can royally own, but at the same time, don't get overly frustrated when they lose. It's about having fun.

At the same time, I like people who can work as a team. I'm not into "set roles" I don't think we need a "sniper" and a "flag capturer" and a "support"... While I prefer flag capping, I will swap to support when a teammate needs me, or snipe from home base for additional cover if I can't get there to help fast enough. If it's all I can do, sometimes I'll just jump inbetween the enemies and the flag carrier and take as many hits as I can before I die haha

How inclusive/exclusive is the clan, how skilled is the clan overall, and do you ever have clan matches?
                          The only "inclusive/exclusive" component of either clan is being a good player and getting along with the others in Teamspeak. Sounds like you would fit in with either clan with your team playing ethics.

As far as clan matches, we try to have them when we can get them set up. We do more informal get-togethers than formal clan matches though. The DarkAngels have a weekly Wednesday Frag Party and the SAP's have a weekly Friday FragFest, and we try to make each other's party night when possible.

I would suggest you visit their forums and gameservers to see if you're interest continues, instead of using EpicGames.

Have fun !!

Comment

Working...
                          X