Yo! Just started playing 04.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo! Just started playing 04.

Alright everyone, I just started playing UT04 think it's a really cool game, just wondering if anyone's up for some games and on what servers etc. Please leave server IP's here (I need some anyway cause i dunno which are the good ones for DM and TDM)

Thanks a bunch. Have fun! :-]

Where are you located?

Comment

Located at Manchester UK.

And yourself? I get the impression you werent asking for a social reason, but more of a helpful thing. Either way..Thanks :]

Have fun.

Comment

Yea, not being social, but it's still cool knowing where you're from It'll help get you good recommendations from people if they know where you play. I'm from the USA though, so unfortunately I can't help much

Comment

Welcome to the community.

Good luck and happy fragging.

Comment

Hey, I'm in NL so if you want to play some games just leave me a pm

Comment

Sounds good :]

If you could add me to MSN that would be great..

prog_rock@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks. Look forward to playing ^^

Comment

I'd always recommend the Titan servers to anyone in the UK, 32 player ONSlaught, 2xTAM servers & vCTF - for me it's the kind of place that keeps me playing online games.

Can't give you the IPs off the top of my head, but just look for the word "Titan" in the server browser, you can't miss it they ping pretty near the top in england.
                Just let some of the regulars know you're a beginner & you'll find plenty of help (plus a few cheeky shots ) coming your way matie.

Comment

Haha, nice one. Thanks!

Might cya about then :P

EDIT: Just looked for it..and found it, however "Connection failed, need latest patches" :$

Any suggestions for a newb? ^^

Comment

Download the MegaPack. It includes the newest patch, ECE Bonus content and 9 new maps. With it you should be able to join every server as well as demoservers.

Comment

Ah yes, sorry.

I admit I forgot about that - you'll want to update your game to the latest patch-version before joining any games (the patches contain small game fixes & updates like that), plus, many servers run at least *some* custom content (be they extra maps, or whatever), so it's a good idea to D/L this stuff from the net and install it, rather than have to look at a blank screen for ages while your game D/Ls it from the server when you try to play.

I'll second that megapack that FliccC posted, contains about everything you'll need plus it's easy to install (just a setup.exe iirc).

Comment

Thanks peoples..Almost ready to get humiliated

Comment

Yes - Titan servers if you're Euro based.

Links to all the servers here: http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/servers.php

Feel free to play any of them at any time - but just be aware that some pretty fearsome players play there (especially the TAM & Freon servers), and you may not get that many kills.

The upside is that they're very closely admin'd and the 'tards don't last long.

Comment

and if youre NA based youre pretty much screwed

Comment

Side Note about being new to UT2k4: The Woman here finally got over most of her doomsickness by playing an MMORPG, so she is playing UT2k4 now. Her first 3D shooter since Wolf3D. Good times here. Only had to disable screen bobbing, indoor maps started getting to her.

There is a cure for doomsickness.

[edit: She still doesn't play online, probably never will, low asshat tolerance. We've covered DM and TDM basics, into the realm of basic CTF positions and strat now.]

Comment

Working...
                              X