Transfer UT2004 to New PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer UT2004 to New PC?

I'll be getting a new PC soon and I have the DVD special edition version of UT2004. Will there be any problem if I uninstall it from my old PC and re-install it onto my new PC? I'm worried about the license and if online play will work, or if the license works like so that even if you had it on 2 computers you can only play one at a time online right? Will the stats still work for my player ID number from another PC? And finally, I guess that I can copy my INI files to preserve my settings and to show that I've completed the single player modes...

Uninstalling and installing on another should be fine license wise.

As far as online stats, I think those also track by the license key (more or less) so I would guess that would work ok too.

Yep, the ini files as noted to preserve settings.

Comment

You can copy the entire UT2004 folder to you new computer and use my app below to setup UT2004. The only thing you would need to setup is the UT2004 icon. All your maps and settings will be safe then.

Comment

I would advise you that way:
        Install it on the new PC (that way everything in the registry is set up alright)
        Copy & Replace the ut2004 folder from the old pc to the new pc (that way you keep your maps, (key)settings...everything)
        Uninstall it from your old pc

@nfleming: stats are kept unique via the settings in your Settings -> Game -> Stats. As long as you set your UserName and your Password the same, you can even play with a different CD-Key.

Comment

I'd do it as Spaz suggests. Copy over the entire directory and then run Spaz's app. In fact...I have done this several times as I've swapped drives, machines or just the install directory location within a machine.

His app works perfectly.

Comment

I'll try it, unless his registry fixer isn't compatible with Windows Vista!

Comment

In that case you can always run it in compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                I'll try it, unless his registry fixer isn't compatible with Windows Vista!
                It does work in Vista x32 and x64 but you need to run it as Admin. I have x64 and already used it then. So I assume x32 will work also and the fact I haven't gotten any OMG emails yet. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X