Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorta OT: A little problem regarding video card selection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorta OT: A little problem regarding video card selection.

I'm an almost-completely neophyte to today's video cards.

How does the GeForce FX 5200 compare to the Radeon 9800 XT DDR (I think that's what it's called)?

It sucks. If you're buying nVidia, get a FX 5700 or better.

Comment

Re: Sorta OT: A little problem regarding video card selection.

Originally posted by Schlave
      I'm an almost-completely neophyte to today's video cards.

How does the GeForce FX 5200 compare to the Radeon 9800 XT DDR (I think that's what it's called)?
      there is no comparison with those 2 cards, the 9800xt is ati's top end card while the 5200 is one of nvidias lower end cards, for a more fair comparison with the 9800xt, look at the 5900 ultra and the 5950 ultra, but imo, id still go with the 9800XT over any of nvidias offering at the moment......

Comment

Hmm, I was in your position about a month ago, and I have to tell you, the people in this forum are really knowledgeable and helpful with this kind of stuff.

First of all, whats your budget? I had a budget of about 200 bucks, so I bought a Radeon 9600 pro, imo its the best middle-end card right now. Its also a Dx9 compatible card, so you wont have to worry too much about tommorow's games. If your looking for a really high end card. then I suggest you wait until Christmas when the prices drop. Also imo, Nvidia is doing a really poor job with some of their latest offerings, and the driver support isnt too good. You could get a radeon 9600 xt, or a radeon 9800 xt (high end), and also get a free copy of half-life 2 when it comes out (they give you a coupon).

Sorry I couldnt answer better, but mabe you could provide the amount you want to spend, what types of games your looking to buy, and what your current ( or future) computer specs will be.

sorry for the long post

thanks, peace.

Comment

Working...
        X