X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing sound with specific keystroke in UT2004

Hi,

I would like to define a sound that one can hear when
    pressing a specific key on the keyboard.

How can I do this?

It should be a mp3 or a wav soundfile. I have no experience
    in using any tools. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

THX...

Pisaura

Ehm...can you define what you mean with "that one can hear"? If you want to force sound files to other players on the server, then the answer is that it's impossible (unless you're talking about taunts, but those aren't .mp3 or .wav files)...and not ethical to begin with.

If you want to play a file for yourself, I recommend winamp. It has this thing called "Global hotkeys", which allows you to define shortcuts to your playlist within any other program, provided that winamp is running in the background. All you have to do is to have winamp running in the background with the playlist with the file(s) you want to play, and shortcuts to "play/pause", "next in playlist" and "previous in playlist".

Comment

Get in a vehicle and type: playvehiclehorn 1
      playvehiclehorn 0 works too

Comment

I was in a Counterstrike source server yesterday, and someone forced sounds of Peter Griffin (family guy) to all us in the server, lol it was halarious, so I guess it is possible...
        It didnt sound like it was just comming through his microphone because it was to clear, but I suppose thats a possibility too.

Comment

That kind of **** of thank god not possible. Welcome to UT, buddy.

Comment

Dude, Zounds?

Comment

It's possible to hook a line in from another pc such as a laptop, set line as the recording source and the quality will be pretty clear.. I've done it with Chris Farley & Michael Jackson soundboards in 2k4 with some pretty amusing results :P

Comment

Originally posted by juicin it View Post
                I was in a Counterstrike source server yesterday, and someone forced sounds of Peter Griffin (family guy) to all us in the server, lol it was halarious, so I guess it is possible...
                Another fine reason why I'm glad I don't play Counterstrike source...
                Perhaps you took my "it's impossible" a bit too literally. What I meant is that UT2004 does not offer services for such thing...

Oh, wait...I forgot the built-in speech utility. That one allows you to transmits your own voice to others that haven't disabled it.
                If you manage to play that sound file (see my previous post), and then press the button to send your voice through, you MIGHT get that file to the other players. I say might because
                1) I haven't tried that option since I found out I'm too shy to talk to others on the servers
                2) that option mutes all other UT2004 sounds. It's perfectly possible your external option gets muted as well.
                3) most other players have turned off their options to receive voice messages from others after the first waves of UTKaraoke.

Comment

-Goto volume control in windows-->Properties and then switch it from playback to recording.

-Select WAVE/MP3 or something similar to that by using what would normally be the "mute" button in normal playback

-Now in any program that would normally transmit your mic, it will now transmit whatever sounds you have playing through your computer.

Comment

- Then prepare to be banned from any server you experiment on.

On the Titan servers, as on many others, VOIP abuse will result in an instant ban with no warning.

Comment

i mite b wrong

if you want to now what the sound is you could prob go though my comp local disk c and find ut____ and look for sounds you will need 2 go on the web 2 find the sound

Comment

Working...
                      X