Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lag

I live out in the country so I can't get a high speed internet connection. So to play online I have to go over to one of my friend's house. The problem is even though he has "high speed" internet I get alot of Lag. Maybe it's because I'm used to having high end equipment but I can't stand any lag at all. Is there anything I can do to increase performance while gaming online? Also does anyone know of a way to get high speed internet in rural areas? I've checked everything even sattelite broadband which is way to slow for gaming and cost three times more than anything else.

To get high speed internet out on the country: Move to Sweden. Don't know where u live so can't help u there..

Make sure there isn't too many processes in the background, turn of all downloads etc. If the line is shared secretly unplug the other users computers. If there is a router try unplugging it. When u pick server sort the serverlist by ping and pick a server from the top, ping below 50 is good, 80 is playable and above 100 it gets really tough. When playing press tab and type stat fps, if its below 60 lower your settings etc etc

Comment

Aside from farking with his equipment there's not much you can do at his place. It may not help even if you did. You can try shutting all non essential processes down, then it will all come back up after reboot.

The only other suggestion is using dual modems at your house to increase your bandwidth.

http://www.opentechsupport.net/forum...c/10913-1.html

This requires you to have two phone lines, two modems and your ISP to agree to it. They may charge you more for the service too. It should bring it to playable levels as long as you can get two modems connected at 40kbs or more. You probably won't get any better pings than your friend gets.

I've never done this and never seen it done, so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Here's another article that might help if you're interested.....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...17/ai_63502563

gives lot's of terms to do searches on. I searched on "using dual modems for dialup"

Comment

Working...
        X