Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips?

Hi. I really suck at this game. Everyone moves way to fast than im used to. Can anyone share some wizdom <<(i think i spelled that right ) to help me get better?

Try to pedict where people will land. 2k4 has a pretty high learning curve online, so it'll take you a while to get used to it. Play around with the movement options, dodging, double-jump, dodge-jump, shield-jump, wall-dodge-jump, lift-jump, lift-shield-jump, etc...
    Getting an understanding of how they feel when you do them, will give you a better understanding of how other people using it will move.

Comment

Most experienced players double dodge to move (aa/dd) and seldom just walk/run. They travel diagonally and leap throughout the maps and not run unless slowing down to pick up. Plus it makes you a harder target. I agree with learning how to predict where people will land when they are jumping around during a firefight--especially by placing flak nades or rockets where they will be....it tough to get a hang of the movement and the predicttion....

Comment

The guide in my signature often gets good comments, so it might actually help out a bit.

What can we say...UT04 is a fast game. Everyone moves at the same speed (unless you're accidentally had your 'walk' key pressed), but as Rectifier mentions: it's the continuous dodgejumps that net people a considerable boost. Learning to do this yourself is IMO the best way to start predicting how to counter the others as well.

Learning this should be done offline, without bots. Practice dodgejumping EVERYWHERE. At the very least until it is some sort of routine (15 minutes AT THE VERY LEAST). Then play a couple rounds against a bot, consistently trying not to forget about that dodgejump-routine.
        Practice this at least every day for a week. After that, you could move on to the next lesson...

Comment

With non hitscan weapons don't aim at the person. Try aiming in front of them at the point they will be when your shot arrives, with enough practice it will become second nature.

Never stand still or run at people in straight lines this just gets you killed in short order.

Finally as others have said learn the dodge moves until you can pull them off without needing to think about what your doing.

Comment

Two words. Double Dodge. Once you've mastered that, you'll find that staying alive is much easier.

Also, practice a lot with the shock rifle. Once you can fire an orb, double dodge in three different directions, then detonate the orb with accuracy, you'll have the ability to out-manoeuvre anybody you come across.

The flak cannon is also a great weapon to have. Just take a pop-shot at where you think your opponent is going to move next, then THUD, body drops. The alternate-fire grenade is awesome in a mid range fight, all you have to remember is to aim up, at the same time keeping one eye on the enemy.

Aside all of this, the most important rule to remember is: NEVER, EVER STAND STILL.

Comment

www.communityreload.com was founded to help newer players improve. There's not much life in their forums these days but a lot of good info on improving can be found there.

Comment

Working...
              X