UT2004 addon for UT2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 addon for UT2003?

I had a recent debate with somebody who believes that UT2004 is simply an addon for UT2003, and not a stand alone game.

Who is correct?

Is UT2004 a stand alone game or an addon for UT2003?

It is a stand alone game. It contains all of UT2003 plus LOTS of new content.

Comment

It should be an add-on, but Epic decided to milk the cash-cow some more.

Comment

I understand that UT2003 owners will recieve a rebate on UT2004.

Anybody know how much of rebate?

Comment

Well if you think about it yoru buying the thing full price for like $30 if you get it on special right? And then there's a 10 dollar rebate so...when you think about it you really are paying only $20 right, and that's the average price for an expansion pack.

At least they're not like valvue that releases mission packs for $60....

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=326141

Comment

Thanks. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Free
                Yes, a several gig addon. :haha:

It's easy to be angry at them, and accuse them of milking the cash cow, but the fact is, Onslaught could be a game of it's own. The amount of stuff in this would be enough for 5 or 6 bonus packs, easy. It's just not rational to release it as a free addon.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                  Yes, a several gig addon. :haha:

It's easy to be angry at them, and accuse them of milking the cash cow, but the fact is, Onslaught could be a game of it's own. The amount of stuff in this would be enough for 5 or 6 bonus packs, easy. It's just not rational to release it as a free addon.
                  :up:

Comment

if ONS is really as good as the reviews and the screens/vids show, hell, I'd pay $30 for that alone.

Comment

Dont buy it then...

Mine is already on order!

Comment

Havent Epic given the community plenty with bonus packs already.

You ungrateful *******. Dont buy it then. SIMPLE. Then you have no reason to moan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Builder
                          Then you have no reason to moan.
                          I'm sure he'll think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Builder
                            Havent Epic given the community plenty with bonus packs already.

You ungrateful *******. Dont buy it then. SIMPLE. Then you have no reason to moan.
                            WTF Ungrateful
                            We(some) are gonna pay for this imho addon
                            We pay good money to see a good product and that failed with UT2k3. On clanbase the nw sections are almost dead, and the insta scene is on death row now .
                            Dont get me wrong i like it, i gonna buy it. But they where to fast with releasing ut2k3 if they just hold it back like UT2k4 then we wouldnt have a any prob. And we wouldnt have an awsome game but a perfect game

Comment

Yeah Ungrateful. If you believe the UT1 worship threads then FFS people have had more than their moneys worth. Thats why we're on this forum and not playin some sh!tty EASports game.

Comment

Working...
                              X