Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, my comp won't do Scan-disk!!1!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help, my comp won't do Scan-disk!!1!

    I've been trying to do Disk-defragment, but when I try it says I need to fix the errors on the drive with Scan-disk. So I did scan-disk, and it keeps freezing at around 75% done.
    I've tried it over and over, and it keeps freezing my computer. I even tried it in Safe-mode, and still no luck
    Oh yeah, I ran Spy-bot and Virus-Scan but it said no spyware or viruses on the comp.

    Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this without having to Factory restore? Please I need your help, UT2003 is running like **** now:cry:



    EDIT: I think my sisters managed to download a virus Again:sour:

    #2
    dude back up quick!!! scan with this!!!

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

    just just waht happend when my pc went BLANK!1

    Comment


      #3
      Its possible you have some bad clusters on your drive.

      If so, it could mean your drive is going out.

      At this point, what Id do is back up everything you need, format and reinstall.

      The good. It will mark the sectors as bad, and data wont try to write there.

      The bad. You drive will be to screwed to reinstall and you will have to get another...

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks for ur help guys

        Originally posted by DM_Soldier1
        dude back up quick!!! scan with this!!!

        http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

        just just waht happend when my pc went BLANK!1
        I'm bout to try this right now....

        Comment


          #5
          Have you got a p4,and you have this in Application Accelerator?.

          As that causes mine not to scan-disk with that in..


          Also if you have a 98 startup disc,boot to dos and type c:\scandisk and let it do full scan,can take upto 30mins though.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Taf
            Have you got a p4,and you have this in Application Accelerator?.

            As that causes mine not to scan-disk with that in..


            Also if you have a 98 startup disc,boot to dos and type c:\scandisk and let it do full scan,can take upto 30mins though.
            I got an Intel Celeron 700mHz~

            And I have Win ME, so can I still boot to dos and do the c:\scandisk?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DM_Soldier1
              dude back up quick!!! scan with this!!!

              http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

              just just waht happend when my pc went BLANK!1
              It said it didn't find any viruses, and my comp still freezes when I do scan disk

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by undrtakr
                I got an Intel Celeron 700mHz~

                And I have Win ME, so can I still boot to dos and do the c:\scandisk?
                Sorry me bad.(trying to do 5 things at once lol)

                It should be scandisk c:

                That will work

                Comment

                Working...
                X