Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am Making a new version of the screenshots convertor

Hey everyone.

Some of you might still know unreal tournament screenshots convertor. you know the convertor that automaticly converted your screenshots to jpg when u quited the game.

Well i'm working now a new version that should work with ANY GAME !!
    i already have a beta running that's been tested with ut2004 and world of warcraft.

anyway the new things in this version is that u can add game profiles for multiple games and it can read TGA, BMP and JPG in as picture formats (will try to expand this). It can now also resize the images to the size of your liking. and you can like in the previous version select the compression for the jpeg files.

i'm also goana add a system to save the pictures in directories according to the system date / time. for example all screenshots taken today would be saved under output foler + \01-02-2007-037+filename this will solve the problem with filenames getting overwritten like with unreal tournmanet first edition.
    i could even add something so that you can specify your own directory structures with dates & time embedded in it for example like YYYY\MM\DD\HH-MM+filename what would save all the pictures per year in directories based on the day & month and add the time when the screenshot was converted to it. much like the screenshotmask thingie that ut2004 has

in theory this tool should work with the new unreal tournament game as well before it's even out !!! although it depends a bit on how the game handles filenames.

What do u all think about this ?

would there be intrest in a new version that works with not only ut games but with any game that you add

UT dont save them as jpegs.. im pretty sure of it .. because i can remembr converting my screenshots into jpeg to put onto my screenie website...

Comment

Originally posted by oblivious View Post
      UT dont save them as jpegs.. im pretty sure of it .. because i can remembr converting my screenshots into jpeg to put onto my screenie website...
      jup i know it saves them in bmp, that's what the program is for to conver it automaticly to jpeg and optionally resize the image & move it to another folder. and i do mean automaticly u don't even have to press a button it will detect when the game closes and then start converting the images to jpeg

Comment

2 Requests:
        Other output formats than jpg (png)
        No more tray icon, instead a run, do-your-work and close program, so i can start it via a batchfile the moment my game closes instead of having it to start & close by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by awaw View Post
          2 Requests:
          Other output formats than jpg (png)
          No more tray icon, instead a run, do-your-work and close program, so i can start it via a batchfile the moment my game closes instead of having it to start & close by hand.
          i wasn't planning on doing this. I made it so that you can use it for all games. you own using profiles etc. but i can see that i can add some command line parameters where u select the profile nr and that it will convert it according to the profile and the quits.

Png support is being added was on my todo list and is the last thing i need doing:

here are a few screenshots of what i have so far :
          http://www.willemssoft.be/misc/uniausc1.jpg
          http://www.willemssoft.be/misc/uniausc2.jpg

this is what it can do so far :
          - add, delete, edit game profiles
          - covnert from and to jpg,bmp,tga (png is being added)
          - option to automaticly convert screenshots (like it was done in the previous version)
          - manually convert screenshots for a selected game profile
          - manually convert screenshots for all game profiles (1 click on a button and every screenshot for all your games will be converted)
          - option to keep original file
          - option to resize the screenshots
          - option to choose jpg output compression quality
          - option to use file/dir masks let me explain this :
          u can use the following :
          %dd% : Shows day as 02 for example
          %mm% : shows month as 03 for example
          %yyyy% : shows years as 2007 for example
          %hh% : shows hour as 21 for example
          %nn% : shows minutes as 30 for example
          %ss% : shows seconds as 11 for example
          %day% : shows day as friday for example
          '%month%: shows month as february for example
          %profile%: shows the profile name as World of Warcraft for example.

so what does this mean ? it takes the date when the screenshot was created (file date) and using the mask u can choose how to save your screenshots:
          a few example if outputfolder is c:\temp\ and filename is wow1.tga and a mask like this :
          %yyyy%\%month% %dd%\%profile%\%hh%-%nn%-%ss%
          will make
          "c:\temp\2007\february 02\World Of Warcraft\21-31-51 wow1.jpg"

you can combine it anyway u like if u don't want directories just leave out the \ and it will be added to the filename. u just want a screenshots folder with the game names in it use %profile%\ as a mask etc the possibilities are endles

this last option is created for games like quake 4, unreal tournament GOTY etc. where the screenshots filenames use a counter but if the screenshots get deleted they start counting from 1 again so normally if u would convert it will overwrite your previous converted pictures. to counter act this u can add a filedir mask. the time will do enough just ad %hh%-%nn%-%ss% and the screenshots will get the time inside their filenames so that they don't get overwritten.

let me know if there are any more requests

Comment

Working...
          X