Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XMP and UT2004

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    XMP and UT2004

    Is this the right place to post stuff about the XMP demo? Just curious, because I heard that it actually uses the UT2003 engine and thus it should be considered on-topic here.

    Anyway... since this is a thread about making an XMP gametype (or mod) for UT2004, I guess it's on-topic regardless.

    I think having the Classes and HACKING from XMP in UT2004 (with all of its vehicles and weapons) would kick ***! :up:

    So if Epic would be so kind as to add an XMP gametype into UT2004...

    If not, could some kind soul (with skills) start working on a mod for it? :up: Thank you.

    #2
    ...

    Why not just play XMP?

    Comment


      #3
      Well I doubt Epic would kill of the chance for Legend to sell a few more copies of Unreal 2.

      I wish Legend well with XMP. Cutting it out of the original game confined Unreal 2 to being a "Play and Forget" game, rather than something that people modded and mapped for. If they manage to get even a small amount of Community out of this, then great.

      (And, eh, it's all Unreal. A bit of cross polination between newsgroups isn't so terrible.)

      Comment


        #4
        I definately think it's something that should've been in the game from day one... I do hope that UT2k4 doesn't kill it off before it gets a chance, because it really is great.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NachoUK
          ...

          Why not just play XMP?
          Originally posted by Kabhal
          I think having the Classes and HACKING from XMP in UT2004 (with all of its vehicles and weapons) would kick ***! :up:
          Hello?

          Comment


            #6
            not such a bad idea... although a direct rip would be kinda silly.

            Comment


              #7
              ut2004 would need more than 3 classes

              Comment


                #8
                I like what they've done with U2 XMP. The class system s actually quite nice and what I first expected UT2k4 would have. I still hope it will have that via mods or something, since it makes it quite special.

                I do like the movement system a lot. Exactly what UT2k4 should be like. This kinda movement belong to this gametype and UT2k4's gametypes. Though NOT to DM, TDM, CTF etc., it should be seperated, but in the end I'll go with whatever is given to us.

                The games should be combined somehow, it would really kick a$$!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Kabhal
                  Hello?
                  Sorry, but I have to stand by my original question...

                  XMP will contain a whole different set of weapons/vehicles... why would you want to merge the two different games into one? just have fun playing both. That's what I intend to do.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You could say hacking is already in UT2004, you have to "hack" the nodes in Onslaught to make them your team's. And as for classes, I don't think they're needed in UT2004.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      There's a Team Fotress mod out there somewhere.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by NachoUK
                        Sorry, but I have to stand by my original question...

                        XMP will contain a whole different set of weapons/vehicles... why would you want to merge the two different games into one? just have fun playing both. That's what I intend to do.
                        I just thought it would be cool to have UT2004's movement, weapons, and vehicles, but XMP's artifacts, generators, deploy points, and classes. It just sounds like a win/win combination to me (especially as an alternative gametype or mod).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Conquest Marines is pretty much the exact same thing.

                          Interesting. Did you notice how many players they have?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Kabhal
                            I just thought it would be cool to have UT2004's movement, weapons, and vehicles, but XMP's artifacts, generators, deploy points, and classes. It just sounds like a win/win combination to me (especially as an alternative gametype or mod).
                            I agree, although U2 XMP's movement system is better I think, esp. for this gametype. The rest, good!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Mejwell
                              Conquest Marines is pretty much the exact same thing.
                              Not when I played it. :bulb:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X