Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Tips for a better video:

1. Drop vehicles altogether. Vehicles are generally boring to watch and provide absolutely no "wow" factor in a video.
    2. Don't insert audio announcements where they do not belong. ie: wicked sick, dominating, godlike announcements etc were added onto frags that didn't show the same text announcement on screen, clearly misleading you into believing it actually was a spree.
    3. Uptempo dance music does not work in frag videos. Even more so when the music comes from another video game.
    4. Provide better content. A good frag video needs good frags. You can't expect to get the quality frags needed to make a good video in 2 nights worth of demo recording. No offense, but the majority of kills in this video I believe most people here can achieve very easily......... left handed........... with a trackball.......... and one eye closed.......... while sneezing.
    5. Don't give up. Your first attempt was not too bad and i'll be looking forward to something in the future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, so am I, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice movie - you should be proud =]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please justify your statement!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You call that a movie?

Please!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, you are right the compression is bad. Next time I try DivX/Xvid

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Overall not a bad movie. I have seen much worse. The thing that needs the most work is compress. I think Divx/Xvid might be a better choice over WMV.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you need any tutorials on how to create unreal movies... *points at sig*

I found the intro a little long, and i didn't like the music at all (you can't like all music :P). I also agree that the video quality wasn't so good. Some of the stunts stuff was a a little boring (my personal opinion). There were some nice frags there, though

The general editing was pretty okay, the syncronisation could have been better though (i'm not saying i did it better ).

But continue creating movies, you'll get better eventually

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok thanks i try to implent your comments in my next video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    You call this a movie? The music was horrible and the compression was totally botched. The video quality was bad, very bad, probably due to both the incorrect compression and recording (looks like Fraps was used). In today's world of highspeed internet, why do people still compress the heck out of their movies?

Anyway, good luck on your next venture.

Cro Scoring Legend (1=Horribly Bad, 5=Totally Professional)

1. Video Quality - 1
    2. Audio Quality - 2
    3. Content - 1
    4. Music - 1
    5. Frags - 2
    6. Editing - 2
    7. Compression - 1

Cro Review Score: 1.3
    To be fair, I liked the movie - though it's not a keeper. I think Cro's been very harsh on you, so here's my list ..

1. Video Quality - 1 - I agree with Cro there, it was lousy - WAY too much compression
    2. Audio Quality - 4 - what sound there was was high quality / bitrate, clearly audible, not overmodulated, not too soft
    3. Content - 3 - some nice frags and the fun part at the beginning was fairly interesting to watch. All in all, nothing I haven't seen before though
    4. Music - 3 - you get some bonuspoints for using something other than the standard nu-metal that everyone stuffs in, nowadays, though the song you chose was still fairly .. terrible
    5. Frags - 3 - As I said, some good ones but nothing I've not seen before
    6. Editing - 2 - Only dissolves. While there's nothing wrong with them, try to vary it a bit more for your next vids
    7. Compression - 1 - I agree with cro, there.

Average: 2.5 (rounded up)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SF

Crotale it could be nice to see one of your movie.......

Masterius7....I give you a score overall 3.8 Yeaaaaaaaaaa

On Crotale's Scoring Legend (1=Horribly Bad, 5=Totally Professional)

GG

Ohh btw...StrikeForce Rox

Tormod

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For a much better quality recording for your video, please check this link:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ght=dumpframes

Personally, I have used Fraps numerous times and the quality of my videos wasn't too bad. The only issue I had were in the frame differentials where I had some very apparent drops in framerates. If I had used dumpframes, I could have compensated for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, i think everybody has a different taste of music and the size of the movie is very small because you don't download 200 MB for a movie you finally don't like.
    Of course I have a second version with better quality.
    What program would you use instead of FRAPS?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You call this a movie? The music was horrible and the compression was totally botched. The video quality was bad, very bad, probably due to both the incorrect compression and recording (looks like Fraps was used). In today's world of highspeed internet, why do people still compress the heck out of their movies?

Anyway, good luck on your next venture.

Cro Scoring Legend (1=Horribly Bad, 5=Totally Professional)

1. Video Quality - 1
    2. Audio Quality - 2
    3. Content - 1
    4. Music - 1
    5. Frags - 2
    6. Editing - 2
    7. Compression - 1

Cro Review Score: 1.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man
    Also happy christmas to you!