UT99 umods for a new installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 umods for a new installation

After I re-installed UT99 a while back, just to see if the game was as fun as I remember it (it is), I tried to load up some of the 3GB of mods and maps I've got. But the UMOD file type looks to 2k4, and doesn't seem to realize it isn't for 2k4. How can I get UT99 umods to work as expected again? Will just changing the file associations work? I don't want to mess up my 2k4, too!

Did you install the 436 patch?

Comment

The patch I have on my backup DVD is a umod, and I can only seem to find the mac, linux, and Creative Lab patches online. No straight windows path. Will the creative patch work just as well?

EDIT: Hold on, I found an exe version. Let me see...

Later: Turns out I was already patched up, but patched myself anyway. When I try to use UMODs, UT99 starts up in troubleshooting mode, and I get an "out of virtual memory" error. This is a new error, so something changed!

Comment

somethings not right. I've multiple UT setup and I never saw UT2004's setup.exe trying to install .umod You should try to set up associations manually. Just go to Explorer -> Folder Options -> File Types -> select umod and edit the Install this.... option to point to UT436's Setup.exe

Comment

It's set up correctly, in that respect, but now I get this strange "out of virtual memory" error. It says I need to free up more disk space. So 22GB of free space isn't enough to run a umod anymore? Dag nabbit! I want my Innox Pack!

Comment

I think Virtual Memory is RAM. Hit CTRL+Alt+Delete and check how much free RAM you have in the Task Manager, under Performance>Physical Memory>Available.

Example: 160123 = 160 mb of free RAM.

Comment

About 140 MB. Wow. How can a web browser and the OS be using the remaining 600+MB? Well, Windows can bloat to almost any size, I know, but this seems excessive. and, if a program (like a UMOD) needs the memory, how can I force it over?

Comment

Working...
              X