Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Well I just wanted to welcome myself to the forums. I downloaded the demo for Unreal Tournament 2K4 and im amazed at how good that game is. I plan on getting it for Christmas. But for now I play with bots and a bit online. Well that is pretty much it, lol. I will see you all around through the forums of UT 2K4.

Welcome to the forum.
    And if you think ut2004 is good wait till ut2007 come out

Comment

Hi and wlecome to the forums. 2k4's a great game to play.

You may have trouble finding the stand alone verison of 2k4 and your best bet may be to get the Unreal Anthology, which includes all the previous unreal titles. It's always good to also play the games roots.

Comment

I doubt in some ways ut2007 will beat ut2004. Ut2004 just have everything and in the end i would not be to suprised if not ut2004 still will be best. I gonna contuin play ut2004. I also doubt many have comps for 2k7:/ im not sure my comp will run it smooth and what is the point in play a game that dont run smooth? That is what i think talks against ut2k7. But i hope my comp run it because i looking forward to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post

You may have trouble finding the stand alone verison of 2k4 and your best bet may be to get the Unreal Anthology, which includes all the previous unreal titles. It's always good to also play the games roots.
          What he said (both points).

Don't let the "wait for the sequel" folks fool you: there's still quite some activity online and the bots themselves are certainly not bad (at least not when you're new to the game). There's also multiple gigabytes of free content for this game available if you search around a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
            What he said (both points).

Don't let the "wait for the sequel" folks fool you: there's still quite some activity online and the bots themselves are certainly not bad (at least not when you're new to the game). There's also multiple gigabytes of free content for this game available if you search around a bit.
            Quoted for truth. Every single point in it.

Welcome to the Community, Kost. o/

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post

Thanks John, I will keep this in mind. Also I was planning on waiting for UT 2K7, but the thing is, I don't know if it will run good on my computer. Like Panty said, don't know if alot of computers will be able to fully play UT 2K7, and with UT 2K4 it isn't a problem, because I can play UT 2K4 smoothly and clear without no problems. Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

Comment

Well having a rough time running the game has always been a tradition. It's what has helped push the boundries of home PC technology.

I remember having a really tough time running Unreal at 640x480 with my riva128. Then along came the VooDoo]['s and I sli'd them for an amazing res of 1024x768. I had a tough time running UT as well, but then graphics cards came out to support these new games. It all goes hadn in hand, and both games and technology feed off each other and propell themselves ever farther in the tech/speed barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Panty View Post
                  I doubt in some ways ut2007 will beat ut2004. Ut2004 just have everything and in the end i would not be to suprised if not ut2004 still will be best. I gonna contuin play ut2004. I also doubt many have comps for 2k7:/ im not sure my comp will run it smooth and what is the point in play a game that dont run smooth? That is what i think talks against ut2k7. But i hope my comp run it because i looking forward to try it.
                  As far as gameplay, I think UT2007 will be very, very similar to UT2004 in every way - in fact, my expectation is that it will be too similar.

There will be some new things in ONS (Skiing, walking vehicles), and a couple new gameplay additions here and there throughout the game, but you're still essentially just running around with a Shock Rifle, Flack Cannon, and Rocket Launcher like you've been doing since UT99. Hopefully the presentation will be better though, and bring back some of the atmosphere that UT99 had, as well as improve on the solidity of the combat, with better sounds and effects than the ones in UT2003/4. The combat is just not punchy, powerful, or explosive like some other games. You're never really wowed by the feel of combat, which leaves the soul of the game in a lesser position, which will hopefully be improved.

Comment

Ahhhh.. We love new victims....errrr players.
                    Welcome aboard!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanWoman View Post
                      Ahhhh.. We love new victims....errrr players.

ut2004 is excellent game, a real piece of art in FPS, and the playerbase is still quite strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X