X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by {SAP}asciiKing View Post
    Wafflehouse, you do know what subjective means, don't you?

and, yes I am very dense, nice one. lol

aK
    i know exactly what it means but i can still have fun flaming you and calling you dense. i still want to know what in ods name kind of machine you run that server on because there is no reason to ping 100 to chicago for me unless the server itself is a piece of **** with horrible routing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post

Wafflehouse, you do know what subjective means, don't you?

and, yes I am very dense, nice one. lol

aK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guess you're not a 'reader'.
    try paragraph 2 in the post just above your inane rambling.

aK
    if this is what you are talking about

one style of play is not any better or worse than any other, it's all subjective. i think those that refrain from mocking other people and their preferences are just a bit more complete as individuals and this generally plays out over the course of their lifetimes. again, as we're sharing opinions, this would be one of mine.

Then you are pretty dense. One style of play can completely be better than another. it is called the court of public opinion. your super modded server sees how many people? a normal vCTF server sees how many people? i am pretty confident in saying that yalls server probably doesnt even see a fraction of what normal vCTF servers see. you can have your opinion all you want but ultimately it is public opinion that holds the true weight. sorry

btw i checked out your server... WOW is all i can say. wtf have you done to UT? pinging 100 to chicago when i normall ping 42...wtf kind of server are you running? a pentium I??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to reinforce the previous requests for this match to be on UTv...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    then ***insert flame here*** because if you dont comprehend the basic mechanics of the game then you have some serious issues.
    guess you're not a 'reader'.
    try paragraph 2 in the post just above your inane rambling.

aK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we must have missed the memo. lol

aK
    then ***insert flame here*** because if you dont comprehend the basic mechanics of the game then you have some serious issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hawke
    If you win, you may hold your title as the best *insert every mutator and gametype setting on the server* vCTF clan.
    titles are irrelevant, don't have one don't need one.
    you can call me n00bKing if you'd like. don't know if i could share what i've been calling some of you.

one style of play is not any better or worse than any other, it's all subjective. i think those that refrain from mocking other people and their preferences are just a bit more complete as individuals and this generally plays out over the course of their lifetimes. again, as we're sharing opinions, this would be one of mine.

that being said, i'm growing weary with all the ancillary banter.

perhaps you could tell us a few dates that would work for you so we can pull it together if it still makes sense to do so.

aK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and i suppose you would want the trans in ONS too. vehicles REPLACE the trans. you arent supposed to have both.
    we must have missed the memo. lol

aK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TakkaTak
    And playing VCTF w/o Trans is boring like hell.
    I agree completely.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
    wow

people that actually think trans belongs in vctf.
    wow

Kaiser managed to write a post more than four words long.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think they should do two sets of matches, one match on {SAP}s terms and the other on k1s terms.

A well-designed modded site, yes, like the SAP server, is not all about one-shot kills. It is about balance, which they have, and that makes it a fun game.
    Like hidden deemer rooms?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nighty View Post
    I think the Zarks, auto-instagib, super tank mods of the world should all just die a horrible death.
    I almost agree with you on this. But only this. Instagib in particular has one serious fault: it robs the game of variety.

But for most of your post, Nighty, you're just plain wrong.

The game was meant to played a certain way, and anything else harms the general population of servers that are supposed to thrive.
    Wrong. The game was designed to be extensible. The very reason UT has survived is because the community can mod and add to it.

People like one of the previous posters are sometimes unfortunate enough to start playing on a {SAP} server, and it ruins them for the life of the game.
    God, how clueless. Nighty, try playing on the SAP server before you start blithering.

Over-the-top playing styles and mods are what has killed every single UT community I've ever been a part of.
    Wow, that's pretty amazing, actually. That you've been part of a community.

After the high the gamer feels being oh so mighty with the mods wears off, its just another stupid mod that takes no skill, has no depth, and is ultimately boring and people go back to Counterstrike.
    Again, you're clueless. A well-designed modded site, yes, like the SAP server, is not all about one-shot kills. It is about balance, which they have, and that makes it a fun game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Let me first emphasis that I am in no way a competitive UT2004 player in any way (not anymore, anyways) and have no affiliation with k1 and have never played on their server.

The problem that I see with a server setup the way the {SAP} server is with all the mods, mutators, speed, etc. is that most normal players of the gametype are going to immediately think "N00b!" Not trying to be insulting, but that is just how it is. If there is a community surrounding a heavily modded server and they have fun, more power to them. Everyone has a right to play the game like they want, and if others enjoy it thats fine. But it still n00bs out the game, takes alot less skill using overkill weapons and vehicles, and dumbs down strategy to "who can get the big gun/vehicle/powerup first" type mentality and hold the fort.

That said, I personally find the {SAP} server style as the very reason why gametypes like VCTF (and UT2004 in general) fail. I think the Zarks, auto-instagib, super tank mods of the world should all just die a horrible death. The game was meant to played a certain way, and anything else harms the general population of servers that are supposed to thrive. People like one of the previous posters are sometimes unfortunate enough to start playing on a {SAP} server, and it ruins them for the life of the game. Over-the-top playing styles and mods are what has killed every single UT community I've ever been a part of.

After the high the gamer feels being oh so mighty with the mods wears off, its just another stupid mod that takes no skill, has no depth, and is ultimately boring and people go back to Counterstrike. Obviously, just one mans opinion, good luck to both clans.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hawke and Ninja,

I activated your accounts on our forum a couple of days ago and sent you both a personal email from my gmail account to the emails you registered with. I'm not sure, but maybe your spam filter is filtering out my gmail address. In any event, your accounts are activated.

FWIW:

I started playing UT2004 with some buddies that played on Homer's VCTF server about 2 years ago. I got hooked on the mods and feel of their server and never really played vanilla. It just seemed so limited after playing with the mods. Therefore, I don't have any idea who you guys are.....sorry.

Our gameserver is through clanservers.com and the server is in Chicago. My ping is usually around 80 from central Indiana.

Have you guys played on the server yet? I haven't seen you under your normal names, but have seen several new names that have a good shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TakkaTak View Post
    Hi guys
    I'm sceptic. IMO it's nearly impossible to win against SAP on the SAP server. We tried it .... no comment.
    Nevertheless I like the server, the mods the {SAP} members.
    It's always a hard fight and they show me my limits.

If possible, i would like to spectate.

and i suppose you would want the trans in ONS too. vehicles REPLACE the trans. you arent supposed to have both.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TakkaTak View Post
    wow

people that actually think trans belongs in vctf.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X