This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawke
    e of it is posts we find funny that are interpreted differently by other players. A common mistake players make is they assume the tone of someone's post because of a misconception of what the player's attitude actually is. I can assure you that the members of k1 would be some of the coolest guy's you'd meet if you you spoke to them.

lies... i hear that ninjax guy is the source of all evil. and that some guy named hawke is a total **** on the forums (LOL) oh and there is a canadian in k1 named Cdawd who is just blatantly homosexual

Comment

ninjacks can vouch for cdawg

Comment

Originally posted by Allenby View Post
        So let me get this straight.

1. You arrogantly claim you're the best.
        2. The SAP clan politely invites you to play and even offers you a cash reward for beating them on their server, asking nothing in return.
        3. The first thing you do is try to change the terms of the contest.
        4. Then, without provocation, you go out of your way to insult their clan and tell them that their game sucks.

5. who are you

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaX View Post
          This isn't about who is the best vCTF clan. It's about giving one team all the advantages (and I mean all) and seeing if anyone can beat them.
          Not entirely true, I think you are reframing this somewhat.
          It is true that it's not about who is the best vCTF clan since we've never made such a claim. And, it's not about seeing if anyone can beat us.
          It is specifically about you, the self anointed 'best' and your acceptance of our challenge to prove that you are indeed 'the best', regardless.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
          i can deal with those mods but come on, who puts a trans in vctf.
          for winners u sure are whiners..

I am sure Im missing a ton of things. If this isnt the ultimate "fight me with 2 hands behind your back", I really dont know what is.
          That's the finest example of a backpeddling disclaimer yet. We know, we know..
          if you lose it was because of our mods, or our maps or something, but not because you aren't the greatest vCTF players that ever where.. we get it.
          If you're apprehensive be honest about it but don't pre-emptively generate rationalizations for an audience or more interestingly for your own consumption so you can continue to label yourself as 'the best' when it might not be the case.

QFT, but we are up to the challenge. I still claim the mutators on your server are completely overkill, and there is a perfectly good reason NOBODY plays the game like your clan does= It sucks. My honest opinion, take it for what you will.
          I don't understand the value in being hostile, does it make you feel prouder, stronger to put others down? Seems silly to me, but that's just my opinion.

We play to have fun (and with a fairly large and consistent group) so keep this in mind- If you lose, you are not the 'best' as you state, further you would lose to a bunch of hacks with laughable mods who play for fun.

if we are all through acting like children our preliminary map list would be

1aK{SAP}reaper - hidden room behind flag area, floor passage in center of top area drops into well with deemer on lower area
          2antropolis
          3aK{SAP}edge- hidden deemer room right upper behind last tile top of girder on blue side (you can have that side), hidden U shaped passage opposite side on girder level with amp
          4aK{SAP}darkavenger- hidden deemer room in elevator shaft
          5daveskillers

we can get back to you on map order and a date

We meant no disrespect from our posts and look forward to the challenge.
          you will find us to be quite gracious in victory as well as defeat as we will be thoroughly enjoying ourselves in either event.

aK

Comment

It should be an interesting match
            Hi guys
            I'm sceptic. IMO it's nearly impossible to win against SAP on the SAP server. We tried it .... no comment.
            Nevertheless I like the server, the mods the {SAP} members.
            It's always a hard fight and they show me my limits.
            And playing VCTF w/o Trans is boring like hell.

If possible, i would like to spectate.

Comment

Originally posted by TakkaTak View Post
              wow

people that actually think trans belongs in vctf.

Comment

Originally posted by TakkaTak View Post
                Hi guys
                I'm sceptic. IMO it's nearly impossible to win against SAP on the SAP server. We tried it .... no comment.
                Nevertheless I like the server, the mods the {SAP} members.
                It's always a hard fight and they show me my limits.

If possible, i would like to spectate.

and i suppose you would want the trans in ONS too. vehicles REPLACE the trans. you arent supposed to have both.

Comment

Hawke and Ninja,

I activated your accounts on our forum a couple of days ago and sent you both a personal email from my gmail account to the emails you registered with. I'm not sure, but maybe your spam filter is filtering out my gmail address. In any event, your accounts are activated.

FWIW:

I started playing UT2004 with some buddies that played on Homer's VCTF server about 2 years ago. I got hooked on the mods and feel of their server and never really played vanilla. It just seemed so limited after playing with the mods. Therefore, I don't have any idea who you guys are.....sorry.

Our gameserver is through clanservers.com and the server is in Chicago. My ping is usually around 80 from central Indiana.

Have you guys played on the server yet? I haven't seen you under your normal names, but have seen several new names that have a good shot.

Comment

Let me first emphasis that I am in no way a competitive UT2004 player in any way (not anymore, anyways) and have no affiliation with k1 and have never played on their server.

The problem that I see with a server setup the way the {SAP} server is with all the mods, mutators, speed, etc. is that most normal players of the gametype are going to immediately think "N00b!" Not trying to be insulting, but that is just how it is. If there is a community surrounding a heavily modded server and they have fun, more power to them. Everyone has a right to play the game like they want, and if others enjoy it thats fine. But it still n00bs out the game, takes alot less skill using overkill weapons and vehicles, and dumbs down strategy to "who can get the big gun/vehicle/powerup first" type mentality and hold the fort.

That said, I personally find the {SAP} server style as the very reason why gametypes like VCTF (and UT2004 in general) fail. I think the Zarks, auto-instagib, super tank mods of the world should all just die a horrible death. The game was meant to played a certain way, and anything else harms the general population of servers that are supposed to thrive. People like one of the previous posters are sometimes unfortunate enough to start playing on a {SAP} server, and it ruins them for the life of the game. Over-the-top playing styles and mods are what has killed every single UT community I've ever been a part of.

After the high the gamer feels being oh so mighty with the mods wears off, its just another stupid mod that takes no skill, has no depth, and is ultimately boring and people go back to Counterstrike. Obviously, just one mans opinion, good luck to both clans.

Comment

Originally posted by nighty View Post
                      I think the Zarks, auto-instagib, super tank mods of the world should all just die a horrible death.
                      I almost agree with you on this. But only this. Instagib in particular has one serious fault: it robs the game of variety.

But for most of your post, Nighty, you're just plain wrong.

The game was meant to played a certain way, and anything else harms the general population of servers that are supposed to thrive.
                      Wrong. The game was designed to be extensible. The very reason UT has survived is because the community can mod and add to it.

People like one of the previous posters are sometimes unfortunate enough to start playing on a {SAP} server, and it ruins them for the life of the game.
                      God, how clueless. Nighty, try playing on the SAP server before you start blithering.

Over-the-top playing styles and mods are what has killed every single UT community I've ever been a part of.
                      Wow, that's pretty amazing, actually. That you've been part of a community.

After the high the gamer feels being oh so mighty with the mods wears off, its just another stupid mod that takes no skill, has no depth, and is ultimately boring and people go back to Counterstrike.
                      Again, you're clueless. A well-designed modded site, yes, like the SAP server, is not all about one-shot kills. It is about balance, which they have, and that makes it a fun game.

Comment

I think they should do two sets of matches, one match on {SAP}s terms and the other on k1s terms.

A well-designed modded site, yes, like the SAP server, is not all about one-shot kills. It is about balance, which they have, and that makes it a fun game.
                        Like hidden deemer rooms?

Comment

Originally posted by TakkaTak
                          I agree completely.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                          wow

people that actually think trans belongs in vctf.
                          wow

Kaiser managed to write a post more than four words long.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
                            and i suppose you would want the trans in ONS too. vehicles REPLACE the trans. you arent supposed to have both.
                            we must have missed the memo. lol

aK

Comment

If you win, you may hold your title as the best *insert every mutator and gametype setting on the server* vCTF clan.
                              titles are irrelevant, don't have one don't need one.
                              you can call me n00bKing if you'd like. don't know if i could share what i've been calling some of you.

one style of play is not any better or worse than any other, it's all subjective. i think those that refrain from mocking other people and their preferences are just a bit more complete as individuals and this generally plays out over the course of their lifetimes. again, as we're sharing opinions, this would be one of mine.

that being said, i'm growing weary with all the ancillary banter.

perhaps you could tell us a few dates that would work for you so we can pull it together if it still makes sense to do so.

aK

Comment

Originally posted by {SAP}asciiKing View Post
                                we must have missed the memo. lol

aK
                                then ***insert flame here*** because if you dont comprehend the basic mechanics of the game then you have some serious issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X