Is "Assult" the new in thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "Assult" the new in thing?

It seems to me like Assult has really taken off in a big way.

There's always been trends in UT, i remember the DM trend being camping / snipers. People would set up servers containing just camping maps.

Then everything went to assult.

there was bunny track, that stupid ledge dodge jumping waste of time.

Now theres race maps.

All of this is now happening on the assult servers making it a very popular game type. A lot of theese servers where people play race maps have regular assult maps too, this in turn its bringing more people to the assult game type.

This has been going on for well over a year now. It's nothing new and if you ask some people assault is virtually dead.

Comment

BTW, do you even know there's a new Unreal Tournament coming out soon? You seem to be very new to the whole unreal scene.

Comment

Viper, You're boring. ;-)

Comment

assault's all but dead

Comment

race maps dont count as assault

Comment

Assult is awesome, so many gametypes built off it. Like Monster Hunt (most have some objective)

Comment

Assault popular? What have you been smoking?

Comment

Assault is all I play anymore, btw

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
                    Assault popular? What have you been smoking?
                    yep spec, have a look, there are zillions of trials and race maps. dont see the attraction myself though, if I wanted that kinda thing id go buy a race game or super mario bro !

Comment

From my server counting, Onslaught seems to be one of the most popular. It's unfortunate that 75% of these are modified Torlan maps :/

Comment

Originally posted by Finchy View Post
                        From my server counting, Onslaught seems to be one of the most popular. It's unfortunate that 75% of these are modified Torlan maps :/

i keep hosting my server which is regular torlan but ppl rarely join.i only use 3 mutators.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101 View Post
                          yep spec, have a look, there are zillions of trials and race maps.
                          So? Thats what he meant. Assault is not popular. This is not assault at all, even if its in the same gametype. Race and Trials map should have their own gametype, making them in assault was the second most stupid move I saw for UT2004 (first is you can play demo server with the full version).

Comment

Working...
                          X