• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Update of ToDo list...

New idea : Freeze Tag game mode.
    Replication is working.
    Server different Force option are working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make one option to delay low pingers shot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ui!

The UI is a bit of a mess currently... But it shows where it's going.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok... TimeTravel system (Also called unlagged) is in... And seam to work. Only problem is I have currently no remote server with high ping to test it deeply...

But that's gonna happen later. Other function to put in for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 9ades View Post
    Headshots

Different beam colors (I think there's a yellow shockbeam in the retail game)

Possibly the idea of being able to heal friendly nodes and vehicles

Just some ideas.
    What do you mean by headshot? Instagib kill no matter where you shot someone... Only thing I could do is to display a "headshot" message.

Currently, for beam color, you have in the setting 3 value that you enter with 3 sliders. Which is Red / Blue / Green. You can set the color you want.

Heal node hey? Sound like an idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Headshots

Different beam colors (I think there's a yellow shockbeam in the retail game)

Possibly the idea of being able to heal friendly nodes and vehicles

Just some ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok... Did a lot of research... And MAYBE... I say MAYBE, I will be able to add some kind of unlagged code.
    I would basicly record the location of each player every 0.02 seconds, and use the player ping to know where was the others player when he shot.
    Technicly, it's kinda easy.
    In practice... There is roughly 2-3 douzen thousand thing that can go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seriously... I don't understand. I'm used to play instagib in Q3 with ping of 200+... Sure I have to shot ahead, but it's still playable.

I will check more in Unlagged codes to see if I could port them to UT2k4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know Magwa and both you and I have been complaining about this issue for a long time. Nobody found a solution. I too usually play with 80-100 ping and some P/L (less lately as my ISP says they fixed it). The smallest I had this month was about 60ms. Doesn't matter if the rest has 20-44...
    That's why now I play the so called LGI. I even top score with 2x the ping of other guys (unless I'm really laggy). Pitty is that only a couple of servers have the right LGI settings for my taste.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    I recall making a mutator that (almost) did that.
    The beam effect was a bit off tho' (and instant, unlike the one in UT)

indeed you did and it works great the only difference was that the beam in your mutator is a solid beam unlike the one in ut which was a partial beam..

Abilio_KID . you are exactly right it is very ping dependant see my post about why is 2k4 do unfriendly to higher pings..the shot delay in instagib is horrid if i am moving either sideways or up and down it is impossible to play against people with 24 ping the delay is so bad i end up overlapping shots in a attempt to hit them moving.. and it is NOT my rig

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
    AMD 4400 Toledo 64x2
    2 gigs of CMS corsair DDR 400
    2 74 gig Western Digital Raptors sata 10,000 rpm striped raid array
    Asus 7800 GTX Vid card (will add another when 2k7 comes out)
    Sony DRU 800 dual layer DVD -CD burner
    sony DVD rom
    Asus Vento Case
    Turbo cooler 510 watt power suply
    Zalman 9500 CPU cooler ( this thing freekin rocks CPU stays around 31 C and 34 C under load)
    Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

and it is not my connection i have a 768 up and 3000 down connection it is all about ping..

I too am using 3d audio and system driver it does not help me at all..I pray that Epic spends the time to make sure that the next UT will be playable to a wider spectrem of pings not just the Low ping Bas_ards..

and yes the closer you get to a opponet the worse the shot lag and that is true in Normal weapons as well as insta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm... the whole action seems a bit delayed. Altough in instagibs it does seem more like the beam itself. But the rare ocasions I played instagibs with something like 44 ping (and the other guys had similar pings) many players didn't like me at all
    Seems instagibs in UT2004 is very ping dependent. I don't know. Epic doesn't care, I don't care anymore. Most servers are $hit anyway or have stupid mutators to make it even worse. I should stop playing it at all, period.

Just finish that mutator of yours. I'd like to try it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Abilio_KID View Post
    It's not and it gets worse the closer I get to the opponents (and I got enough PC for good fps). I managed to reduce it a bit by using "system driver" and only "3D audio" in audio settings. But it only helps a bit.
    It's a delay between your mouse click and the shot/effect/kill record?

Hmm... I have noticed that with many "next gen" game... But not UT2004. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not and it gets worse the closer I get to the opponents (and I got enough PC for good fps). I managed to reduce it a bit by using "system driver" and only "3D audio" in audio settings. But it only helps a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Abilio_KID View Post
    Nah, 2 different PC's, same $hit. Just go back and read some old threads. Nobody can explain why some of us have a certain delay. I didn't have it with UT2003 but always had it on UT2004.
    Maybe it's only the visual?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    yeah include the beam and effects and sound from UT99..then it will be truly instagib..
    I recall making a mutator that (almost) did that.
    The beam effect was a bit off tho' (and instant, unlike the one in UT)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X