No announcement yet.

Hunt for Ideas (InstaGib)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Magwa and both you and I have been complaining about this issue for a long time. Nobody found a solution. I too usually play with 80-100 ping and some P/L (less lately as my ISP says they fixed it). The smallest I had this month was about 60ms. Doesn't matter if the rest has 20-44...
    That's why now I play the so called LGI. I even top score with 2x the ping of other guys (unless I'm really laggy). Pitty is that only a couple of servers have the right LGI settings for my taste.

Comment

Seriously... I don't understand. I'm used to play instagib in Q3 with ping of 200+... Sure I have to shot ahead, but it's still playable.

I will check more in Unlagged codes to see if I could port them to UT2k4.

Comment

Ok... Did a lot of research... And MAYBE... I say MAYBE, I will be able to add some kind of unlagged code.
        I would basicly record the location of each player every 0.02 seconds, and use the player ping to know where was the others player when he shot.
        Technicly, it's kinda easy.
        In practice... There is roughly 2-3 douzen thousand thing that can go wrong.

Comment

Headshots

Different beam colors (I think there's a yellow shockbeam in the retail game)

Possibly the idea of being able to heal friendly nodes and vehicles

Just some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by 9ades View Post
            Headshots

Different beam colors (I think there's a yellow shockbeam in the retail game)

Possibly the idea of being able to heal friendly nodes and vehicles

Just some ideas.
            What do you mean by headshot? Instagib kill no matter where you shot someone... Only thing I could do is to display a "headshot" message.

Currently, for beam color, you have in the setting 3 value that you enter with 3 sliders. Which is Red / Blue / Green. You can set the color you want.

Heal node hey? Sound like an idea.

Comment

Ok... TimeTravel system (Also called unlagged) is in... And seam to work. Only problem is I have currently no remote server with high ping to test it deeply...

But that's gonna happen later. Other function to put in for now.

Comment

Ui!

The UI is a bit of a mess currently... But it shows where it's going.

Comment

Make one option to delay low pingers shot

Comment

Update of ToDo list...

New idea : Freeze Tag game mode.
                    Replication is working.
                    Server different Force option are working.

Comment

Working...
                    X