Hunt for Ideas (InstaGib)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt for Ideas (InstaGib)

I'm currently scripting an InstaGib mutator... My goal is to give as many options as possible so people can set their InstaGib like they want. So, if you have ideas of what you would like to see in an Instagib mod, speak loud!

Currently Done :

- Instant Death (On/Off) : Turn off damage done by direct hit. Allow a push-out gameplay on platform and space map.

- FireRate : Control over weapon fire rate and Bot fire rate.

- Blowback : Where weapon hit geometry, generate blowback. Control over radius and power. Something I always loved from Q3 Instagib.

- Rifle Momentum : Momentum given to target under direct hit. (To use with Instant Death at off.)

- Reflection : Beam bounce X number of time.

- Self Shot : Allow to kill yourself by your own beam.

- Bounce Only : Can only kill if your beam made a bounce first.
    //Idea to maybe get a setting of a number of bounce needed.

- Combustion : When someone get hitted, his body explode in living sharpnels. Don't kill someone from too close... Control over blast radius.
    //Finally made the explosion effect to follow the blast radius.

- Ammo : Allow ammo to spawn. All ammos turn into ShockAmmo. Setting over your starting ammo, max ammo, ammo used per shot and how many ammo a pickup hold.

- Allow Health/Adrenaline : Allow those to spawn.

- Health/Adrenaline Regen : Per second regen of HP/Adrenaline.

- Graphic : Allow you to turn on/off rendering or the Beam, Coil and Impact effect and have complete control over the color of each. (RGB value)
    // Since the graphic use a Additive setting, low color, like black, look like invisible... No clue what to do.

- Physic : Control over speed, jump height, number of multi jump, jump boost, gravity and air control.

- Network : Unlagged or TimeTravel.

- Zoom on/off

- Beam using Team Color. Support CTF4.

- Server can force graphic color, rendering of beam/coil/impact effect, and can also force the use of a specific gun. All those option can be use without the others.

- Charge mode (Holding alt would charge your gun... Increasing the beam radius up to X size)

- A setting screen. The normal mutator setting screen is getting full. (Half Done)
    //Also need to work on some nice visual. Setting screen look ugly and messy currently

- Skybox detection option. (On/off if beam reflect off skybox) (Currently always bounce back)
    //God! Do a trace return setting of the surface hitted?

- Beam/Coil/Impact effect size. (Bottom of the list)

- Need to learn how to make stupid tabs... Even the full setting screen might get full.

- Freeze Tag Mode (Team base gameplay. When you shot someone, he freeze. If all your team are frozen, you die and other team win.)
    //Still need to think about the way to unfreeze people... And how to script that thing.

Currently, that can do some weird stuff... Like a 0.1 weapon speed with a 10 beam bounce with some weird color like blue coil/yellow beam... Wicked.
    Or Combustion + SelfShot... If you get 2-3 enemies around you, shot yourself and blow them all up!

yeah include the beam and effects and sound from UT99..then it will be truly instagib..

Comment

I got a few ideas:
      • Remove the shot delay
      • Remove the shot delay
      • Remove the shot delay
      • Remove the shot delay
      • Remove the shot delay
      • Remove the shot delay

Comment

make a mutator that adds pickups and normal weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID View Post
          I got a few ideas:
          • Remove the shot delay
          • Remove the shot delay
          • Remove the shot delay
          • Remove the shot delay
          • Remove the shot delay
          • Remove the shot delay
          In the script there is no delay... So I guess it's your connection.

Allowing other weapon? I guess making them one shot kill too... But wouldn't that make the machinegun overkill?

Comment

I heard that so many times, even when my ping is low enough not to be an issue. But that's the kind of reply I get from people who do not have the problem and don't have a solution for it either. It's just like speaking without saying anything...

Comment

Oh, I mean in normal instagibs, not sure in your script...

Comment

I heard that so many times, even when my ping is low enough not to be an issue. But that's the kind of reply I get from people who do not have the problem and don't have a solution for it either. It's just like speaking without saying anything...
                I understand... But there is a douzen (at least) reason possible why you may experience delay.

Can be your GPU, your CPU, your network card, your latency (Even with low ping, you can get pikes), stability of the server, what Instagib mode you play, number of mutator loaded...

I check the default Instagib that come with Unreal, and there is no delay scripted. It should normaly process any shot instant.

I tought of maybe using Unlagged code from Q3 InstaUnlagged. But that is complexe stuff... And I'm fairly new to Unreal Script.

Comment

Nah, 2 different PC's, same $hit. Just go back and read some old threads. Nobody can explain why some of us have a certain delay. I didn't have it with UT2003 but always had it on UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa View Post
                    yeah include the beam and effects and sound from UT99..then it will be truly instagib..
                    I recall making a mutator that (almost) did that.
                    The beam effect was a bit off tho' (and instant, unlike the one in UT)

Comment

Nah, 2 different PC's, same $hit. Just go back and read some old threads. Nobody can explain why some of us have a certain delay. I didn't have it with UT2003 but always had it on UT2004.
                      Maybe it's only the visual?

Comment

It's not and it gets worse the closer I get to the opponents (and I got enough PC for good fps). I managed to reduce it a bit by using "system driver" and only "3D audio" in audio settings. But it only helps a bit.

Comment

It's not and it gets worse the closer I get to the opponents (and I got enough PC for good fps). I managed to reduce it a bit by using "system driver" and only "3D audio" in audio settings. But it only helps a bit.
                          It's a delay between your mouse click and the shot/effect/kill record?

Hmm... I have noticed that with many "next gen" game... But not UT2004. Weird.

Comment

Hmm... the whole action seems a bit delayed. Altough in instagibs it does seem more like the beam itself. But the rare ocasions I played instagibs with something like 44 ping (and the other guys had similar pings) many players didn't like me at all
                            Seems instagibs in UT2004 is very ping dependent. I don't know. Epic doesn't care, I don't care anymore. Most servers are $hit anyway or have stupid mutators to make it even worse. I should stop playing it at all, period.

Just finish that mutator of yours. I'd like to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                              I recall making a mutator that (almost) did that.
                              The beam effect was a bit off tho' (and instant, unlike the one in UT)

indeed you did and it works great the only difference was that the beam in your mutator is a solid beam unlike the one in ut which was a partial beam..

Abilio_KID . you are exactly right it is very ping dependant see my post about why is 2k4 do unfriendly to higher pings..the shot delay in instagib is horrid if i am moving either sideways or up and down it is impossible to play against people with 24 ping the delay is so bad i end up overlapping shots in a attempt to hit them moving.. and it is NOT my rig

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
                              AMD 4400 Toledo 64x2
                              2 gigs of CMS corsair DDR 400
                              2 74 gig Western Digital Raptors sata 10,000 rpm striped raid array
                              Asus 7800 GTX Vid card (will add another when 2k7 comes out)
                              Sony DRU 800 dual layer DVD -CD burner
                              sony DVD rom
                              Asus Vento Case
                              Turbo cooler 510 watt power suply
                              Zalman 9500 CPU cooler ( this thing freekin rocks CPU stays around 31 C and 34 C under load)
                              Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

and it is not my connection i have a 768 up and 3000 down connection it is all about ping..

I too am using 3d audio and system driver it does not help me at all..I pray that Epic spends the time to make sure that the next UT will be playable to a wider spectrem of pings not just the Low ping Bas_ards..

and yes the closer you get to a opponet the worse the shot lag and that is true in Normal weapons as well as insta.

Comment

Working...
                              X